September 2012 Moms

Baby Shampoo?

This is a silly FTM question, but when do you stop using baby shampoo and soap? 

Re: Baby Shampoo?

• FlamingemuFlamingemu member
    edited December 2013
    My kid has super sensitive skin just like me, so never - ha! 

Sorry, I am no help.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Loading the player...
  • I think we will use it until I don't worry about it getting into her eyes. I'm a FTM so I'm not sure when that will happen!!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • If it wasn't $9 a dang bottle I would use it on myself! I mean, have you smelled it? Heavenly!

We use Burt's bees baby wash
  • We use Paul Mitchell's baby don't cry and will until he's old enough to ask for something different. On his skin I use earth mama angel baby wash and I also use it on myself, so again I guess until he's old enough to ask for something else?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • @flamingemu what do you use?
    California Baby sensitive and the Aveeno eczema therapy don't cause reactions for L. I can really only use Basis Sensitive soap for me. I also have reactions to a lot of shampoos, so I only use boring no dye, no fragrance, free of everything stuff. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh

• AlinnJo said:
    I think we will use it until I don't worry about it getting into her eyes. I'm a FTM so I'm not sure when that will happen!!
    This.

• I remember using Johnson's for a few years after I was old enough to bathe unsupervised. I clearly remember getting my first bottles of herbal essence from my cool aunt on my 12th birthday. I plan to use it for a number of years on DD, we do use conditioner now to keep the frizz to a minimum (without it my nearly bald baby looks like she's been holding one of those static balls).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love the ease of a head to toe, tear free wash. I'll use it probably till the kids start bathing themselves? Who knows.

• James is 3 and still uses Honest. I don't plan to switch anytime soon. Maybe when he starts bathing by himself?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• shiggybop said:

Jacking this thread for a moment, does anyone else's LO have naturally dry hair? What shampoo do you use and have you added in a conditioner?

Maya's hair and scalp are dry. We have used the Aveeno Gentle Conditioning Shampoo and the J&J Extra Conditioning Shampoos and both were good.

I will use baby soap and shampoo until I'm not worried about them getting it in their eyes. I don't see stopping anytime soon.
  • @hmp1 does honest make a sensitive one or do you find it pretty mild? Always wanted to try their products but didn't know anyone who uses them.
  • @hmp1 does honest make a sensitive one or do you find it pretty mild? Always wanted to try their products but didn't know anyone who uses them.
    I find it mild already. They only have one shampoo/body wash. I used to use CA Baby Sensitive until they changed their formula. Once I finished the old formula bottle, I tried Earth Mama Angel Baby but didn't like it. It isn't tear free and really bothered James. I then tried Honest and the boys both like it and have never had any reaction to it.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"