November 2013 Moms

How will I be able to do this??

It's been awhile since I've posted. After LO was born it's been a total whirlwind and a real uphill battle with BF. I'm finally in a good spot and have just recently been able to stash about 4 ounces for the freezer (small win!).

I go back to work next Monday and my parents will be taking over LO's care on Tue-Thur. This week they wanted to come over a few days and see how I do things..etc. Well LO, who's been super clingy to me the last 2 days, just cries and cries in their arms and nothing they really do comforts him. I feel terrible for both LO and my parents and am not sure what to do. I'm afraid that his crying is going to ruin whatever trust he has built up with me. I've given them a little manual (at their request) with pointers on what works for us, when to eat, his nap schedule. 

Will he get used to them caring for him? I keep reminding myself that it'd be the same situation if he were in daycare. Please tell me it's going to be ok. 

Re: How will I be able to do this??

• I've found all my kids give others a hard time if I am there but once I'm gone, they are fine. It will be an adjustment for all of you but it will work out!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • It will be okay!  When I started sending DD to daycare, it was so much harder on me than on her.  I would drop her off and she would cry a river, but on my way out I would look back in through the window and she was happy as a clam- it took the minute walk to my car for her to be okay. 

I know how hard it is in the beginning, but your LO will get a routine and will adjust. 
  • I start back next Monday as well. LO has been so needy today I'm terrified the anxiety of leaving him at daycare is going to be too much. Ugh. I'm sure he'll be fine, I just don't know how I'm going to handle it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started back last week. It really was harder on me than on LO. My mom watches him while we work. I'm totally jealous that she's spending all day with him but they're doing great and she assures me that he doesn't continue to scream after I leave.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Like previously said, everyone will adjust. Just wanted to wish you luck!! Hugs
  • And I wish you luck, too! Just wanted to add that no one will do things the way you do, and that's ok. They'll figure out their own way and LO will be fine with it. I think this was the hardest thing for me to realize with DS1. DH kept him two days a week while I was at work. I tried to tell him how DS1 liked things...but he did it his own way. And DS1 liked it that way, too! ;)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"