July 2013 Moms

Teething remedies

What do you to help with the pain of teething?  DD has been so cranky lately that we wonder if its her teeth.  She is dry, fed, not tired and is still a wreck.  

We have done the frozen washcloths and DH froze one of her soothie pacifiers with water in the hole and she enjoyed nomming that for a bit.  I want to try the teething tablets.  Any suggestions? 
After 4.5 years our miracle IVF baby is here!
Born 7/30/13

Re: Teething remedies

• DD wears an amber necklace. I know some people think that they are a crock, but it seems to be working for us.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Amber necklace wearer here too. Also cold pickle spear with the seeds cut out. I keep forgetting about the milk cubes, I'm going to do that now, he's having a pretty rough day with it today. I feel like DH over uses Tylenol. Like it's his number one remedy instead of a last resort. Grrrrrr
  • Loading the player...
  • Britnpat said:

Amber necklace wearer here too. Also cold pickle spear with the seeds cut out. I keep forgetting about the milk cubes, I'm going to do that now, he's having a pretty rough day with it today. I feel like DH over uses Tylenol. Like it's his number one remedy instead of a last resort. Grrrrrr

Be careful with the salt content of pickles (unless they're homemade/vinegar only), but I totally second cucumber!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use orajel when he is really inconsolable.  My doctor doesn't recommend it though.  They told me to use it a little over a year ago when DS1 was teething.  Before even asking them, I started using it this time around.  I didn't know that you weren't supposed to.  DS2 didn't have a reaction to it, so I continue to use it.  Magic.
  • DS has two teeth coming in at once--sorry your LO is miserable too. We have done the tablets, Tylenol, and cold/frozen teething toys--I like the idea of cold cucumber or cantaloupe in a mesh feeder though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I use the pacifier and rub it back and forth on her gums, she loves that. We use a Sophie giraffe and I do the same as the pacifier with the ridged areas. Ice cubs in a mesh teether, teething tablets help some, gum massage, frozen teething ring, tylenol overnight if she can't sleep, and I just help her chomp on anything she is holding pretty much. 
    Oct. 2012: Clomid + Ovidrel = Baby A born 07.17.13 at 38 wks! 
    TTC #2 since Jan. 2014
    BFP#1 02/26/14 CP 02/28/14
    BFP#2 03/23/14 Stick Baby Stick!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Such a helpful thread!!!!!! I need a mesh feeder thingie.

imageimageimage

• Dani428 said:

Such a helpful thread!!!!!! I need a mesh feeder thingie.

Yes! Me too!
  • LO has never been just fussy with the teeth. She is either fine or inconsolable so we've always gone straight to Tylenol. It usually calms her down within 10 min and we've never had to give her more than one dose in a day. She has two teeth now.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• sillylasdy87sillylasdy87 member
    edited August 2014
  • I think this one should be sticky!! We will all need these ideas at some point. I'm sure I'll be there asap based on the way she is acting.

I know we have SO many stickies, but I think this would be a keeper for a while!! Things that help LO that may be helpful to share later @ncchat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"