August 2014 Moms
Options

For the already Moms

The time is approaching, I need to find a new Ob/Gyn! I am currently with RE.
My question how do I choose one? Does it has to be affiliated to the hospital I'm planning to use? Would yo go to a big or small ob/gyn office?
Any suggestions on my research are welcome! Thanks

Re: For the already Moms

• Options
    I had to find a new once since I'm in another state now.  Most of the practices in Northern CO are large so I asked my intake counselor at this very large practice for the doctor that was not the most popular, but had time to spend quality time with me at almost every visit.  I had no interest in being bounced around every time because they were just too busy to see me.  I haven't seen my doc yet but am told he follows every patient himself and does not over-schedule. There are at least 2 docs that are crazy popular and when I asked how far they were scheduled out, I was told 3 months...no thank you!  I am not interested in a popularity contest but rather a doc that wants to follow each and every patient they decide to take.
    Laura
    Married to my Middle School Sweetheart Since 9-23-2000
    Dominic Riley 10-8-2003  Abigail Mackenzie 3-30-2007
    Excited to meet Baby Boy #3 in August, 2014
  • Options
    I am also a FTM, but I have experience with a large vs small practice. 

My first GYN was in a large practice.  I saw her for about 8 years.  Getting an appointment would take months.  I would schedule my annual like 3 months before I needed it.  I had a yeast infection once that was bad enough that I needed to see the doctor.  I called for an appointment and I still needed to wait like 2 weeks before seeing the doctor.  It was out of control by the time I got in.  Although I got personal attention from my doctor and the nurse who worked with her, the practice was very cold, almost like a factory.  I would always have to wait there for a while when I had appointments, which I hated.

My current doctor is the only doctor in the practice.  He has one receptionist and one nurse.  They both know me and my H and I feel welcome every time I go there.  I recently saw my doctor in the supermarket and he approached me to say hello before I saw him.  I feel much better cared for at the small practice than I did in the large practice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I prefer the larger practices. A few times the doctor I was scheduled with had an emergency and they were able to fit me in with another doctor in the practice the same day. There are 6 doctors and I love 4 and like 1. There's one I don't like but just pray she's not the one on call for delivery . :) They are very accommodating and associated with the hospital I prefer so it works well. I was previously with a smaller practice, ever time she had an emerGency my visit got rescheduled a week or more out. It happened a lot and I didn't love her to begin with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"