December 2013 Moms
Options

Baby screaming and I don't know why :-(

Ariella is screaming and I can't figure out why and it's breaking my heart :-(

She just ate less than an hour ago, her diaper is clean, she isn't squishing her legs up like her tummy hurts, she won't take a paci, she cries in arms, laying down and in the swing... I just don't know what to do!

Any ideas ladies?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby screaming and I don't know why :-(

• Options
    My baby was like this yesterday, gave her some gas drops. She seems to be better today. Maybe she has some gas. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought some gripe water yesterday but not sure if it's ok to give it to her. We went for a weight check at the doctor earlier, but our pedi wasn't in and I'm waiting on another to call me back.
  • Options
    She hates being swaddled, I tried laying her on her stomach and side, I tried shushing and the swing... And a paci (which I assume is the suck part). We just tried giving her a little bit breast milk... I guess it's been about an hour and a half not an hour... That seemed to calm her for a moment.
  • Options
    Sometimes my baby does this and all she wants to do is comfort nurse. I think she has gas when this happens so I push her knees into tummy to get it out.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
  • Options
    My little guy has been doing this lately. I have been holding him while swaying and singing Christmas songs to him. He gets quiet pretty quickly, and will usually pass out. The only problem is getting him to stay asleep! As soon as I put him down he starts up again. Try singing?
  • Options
    Spoke too soon :-(
  • Options
    Try holding her in different positions: facing away from you, lying across your lap, etc.

Try changing your rocking/swaying movements. DS1 loved when I bounced and swayed REALLY quickly.

Try distraction: show her Christmas lights if you have some up or a moving ceiling fan.

Other (louder) white noise options: a vacuum or hair dryer. Both my boys love(d) these.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Bicycle legs? More milk? Different burping positions? She may be trying to go to the bathroom and just screaming because of that. Our LO does sometimes. Sorry I know this is frustrating :(

• Options
    There is an app called WhiteNoise. The air conditioner noise works to calm my screaming child almost every time. Give it a try, there are lots of sounds there that might work.

• Options
    Usually when my LO is really fussy its because she needs to be burped again or is still hungry. That or fighting sleep.
    Welcome Lily Anna!
    photo 1456712_10152106342897743_1211250038_nTB_zps917a6c9a.jpg
  • Options
    Try doing the tummy hold where they lay on your forearm. Helped unexplainable crying with DS...
    imageimageimage

Sebastian: March 3, 2010

2nd Tri Angel Baby: November 2012

McKenna: December 2, 2013

• Options
    My baby girl has been cluster feeding for hours on end. I'd try feeding her again.
  • Options
    I don't have any advice but I was just reading one of my pregnancy books and it stated that sometimes newborns will cry for 10-15 minutes just as a way of releasing tension and there could be absolutely nothing wrong. This could be what's happening since you've seemed to try every other thing to calm her down. Hope she settles soon! Hang in there!!
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. She ended up settling down after another bottle. My little piglet likes to eat LOL :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"