October 2012 Moms
Options

what time is bedtime

Mrs_LadyMrs_Lady member
edited December 2013 in October 2012 Moms

have you changed bedtime since your little one turned one?

ADDED- What time does your LO wake for the day? How many naps?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what time is bedtime

• Options
    between 8:30 and 9 here. 

• Options
    I am fixing to change it. We usually start bedtime between 8 and 830, but it has been an absolute fiasco lately. So I am going to push it back to 8:30 or 9 and see if she goes down easier. Weekdays we get up with Husband at about 7:30. Weekends we sleep till we are (read: she is) done, usually 8 or 8:30.

Naps are a joke. Lol Some days she gets 2, some days it's none. It just depends on how much of her screaming and protesting I can handle that day.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies!

• Options

have you changed bedtime since your little one turned one?

ADDED- What time does your LO wake for the day? How many naps?

No change.  He goes to his room at 8pm, usually asleep btw 8:15-8:30pm

Wake up around 7-7:15am. Still taking 2 naps, amounting to 2.5-3 hrs total.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Options
    Dd has been going to sleep at 6:30!!! But she wakes up multiple times.
    Birthday

• Options
    He was going to bed at 630. Now it is seven. He is still waking at about 630 7.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options
    He goes to sleep around 8 and then wakes up anywhere between 5:45 and 7:30. At daycare he will take two naps totaling 2-3 hours at home he takes one 2 hour nap.

However, lately we have been in sleep hell and have absolutely no schedule that he is following.
  • Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    edited December 2013
    Oh look, I'm in nap hell right now.  I am pretty much at my wits end with this bullshit.  She was obviously very tired, room is exactly like it is at bedtime.  Yet she has spent the last freaking hour screaming her fool head off.  I can't freaking deal with this much longer.  

ETA:  I just read an excerpt from a sleep solution book that says "tired children fall asleep easily."  Horseshit.  My tired kid won't nap if I put her down as soon as she yawns/rubs her eyes.  She won't nap if I wait 10 minutes after.  She won't nap if I wait 30 minutes after.  She just hates sleep. Jerk.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    CnAnA said:
    Oh look, I'm in nap hell right now.  I am pretty much at my wits end with this bullshit.  She was obviously very tired, room is exactly like it is at bedtime.  Yet she has spent the last freaking hour screaming her fool head off.  I can't freaking deal with this much longer.  

ETA:  I just read an excerpt from a sleep solution book that says "tired children fall asleep easily."  Horseshit.  My tired kid won't nap if I put her down as soon as she yawns/rubs her eyes.  She won't nap if I wait 10 minutes after.  She won't nap if I wait 30 minutes after.  She just hates sleep. Jerk.

Big hugs to you!
  • Options
    We haven't changed anything but it became more consistent once we sleep trained. Bed time between 8:30 and 9 and she wakes up between 7 and 8 am.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    CnAnA said:

I feel your pain the only way he sleeps lately is in the car.
  • Options
    We really don't have a bedtime, we got by her cues when she seems tired.  Usually between 8 and 9 but some nights she's up as late as 10.  Up for the day around 7:45-8 am but will play in her crib until DH and I get up at 8:15am.  One nap a day, goes down between 11-1 and sleeps anywhere from 1.5-3 hours.
  • Options
    ZiegefickerZiegeficker member
    edited December 2013
    We used to put Henry to bed between 7 and 7:30, but now we put him down at 8. He naps 1.5 to 2.5 hours during the day and wakes for the day between 6 and 7am.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    He was going down at 7:30 every night but I've been a little more relaxed about it and just go by his cues. Usually between 7:30 and 8 though. He wakes up around 6:30am and naps 2xs a day still (9ish-10:30ish and 2:30ish-4:30ish.) We're still traveling so our schedule has sort of gone out the window but hopefully we get back on track tomorrow when we get home.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options
    @cnAnA this may sound crazy but I remember you telling me to stay calm and it would all be ok when B was only a few months old and wouldn't nap. At that point I was going out of my mind. I even remember you recommending a rain white noise app!! And it helped. So now I'm sending all my hugs and hope to you. It will be ok. <3

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    edited December 2013
    @stephcarter thanks! I swear I am about to buy an ipod touch off craigslist just to keep that app running all night for her! I am in the market for a white noise machine, but I want one that stays on longer than 20 or 30 minutes. I'd like one without an auto-off feature at all.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    We used to put Henry to bed between 7 and 7:30, but now we put him down at 8. He naps 1.5 to 2.5 hours during the day and wakes for the day between 6 and 7am.

This is us-except now that I am home I let hit chill in his crib until we wake after 7am. 

Our schedule changed during the last month due to visiting family since thanksgiving-not worth fighting to keep 7p vs 8p bedtime.

• Options
    Bedtime is by 7pm, and he usually wakes up around 6. 2 naps for a total of 2.5-3 hours of sleep during the day.

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Options
    CnAnA said:

Maybe try putting her down BEFORE she rubs her eyes? She might be in a cycle of overtiredness and sometimes the only way to break it is to do a really early nap/bedtime! Sorry things are tough! :(

Also re: white noise machines, we use a marpac dohm which runs all night long (or as long as you want until you manually turn it off). It's what therapists/doctors use outside their doors to keep conversations confidential--these things are great!!

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Options
    We have the Hamilton Beach 04383 True Air Allergen Reducing Air Purifier and we leave it on high as white noise for B. I think I paid $50 for it on amazon.

• Options
    atxfoodieatxfoodie member
    edited December 2013
    She's still usually 5:30/6:00pm - 5:30/6:00am. At DC, she does 1 nap, 1-1.5 long. At home, she usually does 2 for a combined 3 hours.

We have a Homemedic noise machine that we run all night long. I think my mom got it at BBB. It doesn't look expensive. Goes through batteries like a mofo, though, so we use rechargeables.
    Lucy: October 2012 
  • Options
    Bed around 8, wake up 7.30 to 8, two naps a day totaling 4 hours on average.

• Options
    She's an amazing sleeper. Her napping schedule hasn't really changed over the last few months. Bedtime is between 7-8, sleeps right through til 7am then goes down for a nap around noon and wakes around 3.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Man how do you people get your babies to sleep 10+hours at night??  LO goes down around 7:45-8:15pm.  Then he is up anywhere from 5am-6am.  He will nap around 11:30-12noon for about 1.5-2.5hours. 
  • Options
    @JoNi2010 I pull her into bed with me when she wakes up at 2am.  I get until at least 7:30 that way. ;)

she's in there napping now.  She fell asleep at 4:30.  I don't know whether to laugh and be glad that she napped, or cry because I know bedtime is going to suck tonight. LOL

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    She started going to bed at 8 PM around 10 months old. Gets up between 6-7. Either STTN or wakes up wanting to bed share (no food at night).

She is still on two hour-ish naps a day.

This week daycare is trying to switch her to one nap so we may need to push bedtime back. 7:30 would be perfect.
    DD 9/15/12
  • Options
    DS goes down at night in between 9:00 and 9:30. He usually wakes once a night (around 1:00 a.m.) and then is up for the day around 7:30 a.m.

He naps twice a day -- before noon and then again mid-afternoon. Each nap lasts 1-2 hours.

We also use the Dohm white noise machine.
    photo 9acca2d2-3800-4433-bb71-c445948b76cf_zpsd9667865.jpg

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"