2nd Trimester

Best maternity pants?

I am just starting to get into maternity pants. I am struggling to find ones that are comfortable. I have a very short toros so they all seem to come up too high. Plus my belly is getting to big for my regular pants but it is still pretty soft and not "firm" enough to hold the bands out so they tend to dig in then fold over when I sit which is pretty uncomfortable since I sit all day at work. The only two local stores that sell maternity are Target and Motherhood. The jeans I have now are ones I bought from Vault Denim and a few hand me downs that seem to be too tight in the top and too big in the bottom. I have small legs, hips, butt. Any advice from someone with a similar problem? I wish there was a maternity pants handbook!! What have you found the most comfortable? Can I purchase pants now that will last thru the whole pregnancy?

Re: Best maternity pants?

• J Crew minnie pant or skinny jeans. Hands down my favorite pants. I have 3 pairs and have worn them almost every day since 10 weeks. I plan on wearing them PP, too, so that seems to justify the cost.
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I see Mid Belly, Under Belly and Over Belly maternity pants. I can see the obvious difference is the size of the band on the top. Do you wear different ones at different stages of pregnancy or is it all just options for comfort? Which do you prefer?
  • Loading the player...
  • Old navy has the best!
  • Earlier in my pregnancy I found the Demi panel more comfortable (the one that goes under the belly) but now that I'm bigger I think the over-belly panels are more comfy. I like pants from Gap and Old Navy and have a pair from Motherhood that I like a lot. I DO NOT like the Demi panel ones from Loft because the elastic doesn't stay put and twists around inside the cover (if that makes sense) and I'm constantly trying to fix the panel so it lays flat.
    imageDSC_9275  image

• I love the pants I bought from Gap maternity and Old Navy. I have long legs, but a short torso as well and I personally love the full panel pants. I think they are so comfortable. Some even have belt loops so that you can wear a belt below your bump to keep them on your hips. I am 24 weeks and started wearing maternity pants early for comfort (I popped out pretty early because of the short torso). I still wear the ones I bought very early on.
  • Thanks!! Unfortunately the Gap and Old Navy here don't carry maternity in-store. Maybe I will just order online and exchange if they don't fit. 
  • I would try some belly bands, extend the life if your current jeans that fit well, get them at target and they are amazing, i wore them for almost 20 weeks then caved and got real maternity pants... I plan to do the same with this one, my pants still fit but bloat is starting to give me the muffin top look! :)

Good luck!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• I like the fit of the jeggings. 

• I was just at motherhood today and got an awesome pair of black skinny jeans that I love. They were half off so only $30. Otherwise- leggings. I kinda live in them.

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimageimage

• I have mostly old navy maternity pants which I love....some are full panel and others are the under belly ones. I did get a pair of Jessica Simpson ones at motherhood and I have liked those also!!! I too have had to order from old navy but in found I can return to the store:)
  • I bought a couple of pairs at Kohl's. I was a little unsure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised at the style of them. REALLY comfortable. I bought 2 pairs, one that fits me now and one that I am growing into. 
  • i only bought a couple of pair of maternity pants. i was super pregnant in the summer and wore a lot of dresses. but the pants i did have were the full panel kind. i know i got at least one pair at target. they weren't my favorite early on, but once i got bigger and bigger, they really did the trick. they were super supportive lol. like a bra for your belly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• The Jessica Simpson jeans work for me and are super comfy! I'll probably use them again next year as my Turkey Day jeans!
  • ldtell said:

Thanks!! Unfortunately the Gap and Old Navy here don't carry maternity in-store. Maybe I will just order online and exchange if they don't fit.

Gap Maternity is my FAVORITE. They correspond pretty well with the sizing at the Gap. So, if you wear a medium at the Gap, a medium in maternity would be fine. Their stuff holds up really well too.

Old Navy didn't hold up as well. I had two shirts from my last pregnancy that went all hole-y so I had to toss them.
  • My MIL just bought me Gap Maternity Yoga pants... O...M...G... most comfortable pants ever!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"