July 2013 Moms

Fellow Pepsi Moms

I am probably way over-thinking this, but would appreciate your advice.  

Since P was about 4 months old, our feeding "schedule" has roughly consisted of 5 6oz bottles with the first one around 7:30am and the last around 8:30pm.  He would usually empty 3 of the bottles and leave a little in the others.  He also got an ounce or two of solids roughly every other day.  Recently, he hasn't wanted a 5th bottle and seems content with 4.  We have upped his solids a little bit, but only a smidge.  From what I've read, it doesn't seem like 24oz a day of formula is "enough".  I know babies can differ, but I'm really hesitant to cut out an entire bottle.  WWYD?  

FWIW- He's no longer at the bottom of the weight chart.  He was 16lbs 1oz (21st %) at his 6 month visit.

Re: Fellow Pepsi Moms

• Hmm Ellie has never eaten as much as other babies. Sometimes she only drinks 2-3 oz in a feeding but she's always been above the normal range in size. I would probably just offer less formula for the final feeding and if he continues to not want it then cut it out. As long as he's a healthy size then it should be ok. That's just what I think though and I'm no pediatrician.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• This actually sounds like dd, but she's always been in the 90 % so I never worried about it. I would think that as long as he's gaining appropriately it would be alright.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, ladies.  I think we've just always had to be so rigid with his feedings and so careful that he was getting a certain amount in the past that it's hard for me to let go of that routine.  
  • Jadzia probably only takes 20-24oz a day as well.  At her 4mo appt she was close to 50% for weight and the pedi didnt seem too worried about.  She also gets solids here and there...we dont have a set schedule for those.
  • Allie is taking about 20-25 oz a day, some days less. She is much more distracted these days so I think that is contributing. If they are maintaining the curve I think that's all you need to worry about.....

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hilaboo86Hilaboo86 member
    edited December 2013
    I think were up to around 28oz with three rounds of solids. If I were you I'd maybe try to up an ounce each feeding, offer milk first (or half, then solid, then other half). 24 does sound kind of low for a day. If he takes the larger bottle, cut the 5th out. We are at 5 bottles total 6 oz each, but sometimes she leaves a little in the bottle. Were on roughly: 6am,10,2,6,8

Edit: she will be 6 months on the 4th
  • I would maybe try to reduce the middle feedings rather than lose the last one in case it messed with sleeping.  Good luck!

• I would maybe try to reduce the middle feedings rather than lose the last one in case it messed with sleeping.  Good luck!
    That's a good idea!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"