September 2013 Moms
Options

To all the people over the holidays..

... That said I was too overprotective, harassed me, and guilted me into letting them hold my LO (without washing their hands first)... All you mother efs can come over to my house and take care of my baby that has been sick and screaming bloody murder all night for the last two days.

That is all.

Feel free to share your frustrations here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: To all the people over the holidays..

• Options
    So sorry :(
    My LO is sick bc of this too. So frustrating
  • Options
    Same here :( sorry

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup, we are in the same boat with our sad, sniffly girl.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Add us to the club. Sick baby since Friday. She's finally getting better, but she was in a right state for the past few days.

And that was with me being the over protective Mom and wearing her at holiday parties, keeping her in her stroller, etc.
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • Options
    Hope all your LO's get better fast!
    Melissa (30) & Chris (30)
    BFP Oct 16, 2012 M/C Nov 10, 2012
    BFP Dec 31, 2012 EDD Sept 12, 2013

Brody was born on September 23, 2013 at 6.33am weighing 8lb 14oz.  
    Hes our angel... :)

• Options
    Oh this is terrible. I am so sorry for you all. Damn inconsiderate people. How do they not get that a baby's immune system is not as strong as theirs? I hope all the babies are feeling better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    Our LO seems to be ok so far but I am sick. I am really hoping I don't pass it to him. Every time he sneezes or coughs I just cringe!
  • Options
    Ugh, my stomach turned every time someone tried to get him to hold their fingers.  I wanted to say you do realize his hands are constantly in his mouth, but refrained and just wiping his hands down constantly.  I hope your LO feels better soon!
  • Options
    Ugh... My LO is sick too!!! Coughing, sneezing, sniffly. Poor thing. Luckily for me, she has no idea she's sick. She's still happy as a clam... I'm I'm blaming myself for NOT being more vigilant with all the sick people around!
  • Options
    Ugh, that sucks.

I didn't call you overprotective but I think I encouraged you not to worry so much, so...sorry. =(

I'm glad no one was sick at any of our holiday parties so E hasn't come down with anything so far, but seems like these first colds are almost inevitable.  The plight of an infant during winter months, I guess.

I got over my cold and he came out unscathed.  I worry about him too since he has been FF since 7 weeks and not getting anymore immunity from me.
    My little guy!  Everett Richard born 9/3/13

• Options
    @eyris.. Oh no no.. I'm not talking about anyone here. My family was poking fun at me for not wanting her out of the wrap because there was a sick toddler there. They all kept saying I was overprotective, stingy with the baby, that I was "such a FTM", etc.

• Options
    @VitaLuna If someone said I was "such a FTM" for not wanting my child to get sick, I would punch them! Hope your baby gets to feeling better soon!

imageimage

• Options
    VitaLuna said:
    @eyris.. Oh no no.. I'm not talking about anyone here. My family was poking fun at me for not wanting her out of the wrap because there was a sick toddler there. They all kept saying I was overprotective, stingy with the baby, that I was "such a FTM", etc.
    Oh, good.  Maybe it wasn't even you I am thinking of.  Someone had a post right before Christmas about letting people hold the baby at holiday parties...I was thinking we all told you it was NBD and now you're pissed at us. Haha.

Hope she feels better soon. =)
    My little guy!  Everett Richard born 9/3/13

• Options
    I wasn't the one that posted it, but I know which one you're talking about because I replied.

H is at work and he just told me SIL is going to come over soon to visit. I have LO asleep in the wrap, I'm in my pajamas, hair is a hot mess, and my bed is set up on the couch because I was napping while LO was in the swing this morning. Apparently we're also going out to dinner with them tonight. Did anyone consider asking me about any of this?

• Options
    TKtravelsTKtravels member
    edited December 2013
    I'm right there with you. 

H was giving me a hard time because one person at our gathering had been sick (still coughing, but said she felt totally better) and I said I didn't want her holding LO.  Someone else passed LO to her, and LO is now sick too.  

LO is still pretty chill even though she's sick, and thankfully she isn't sick enough to need to go to the doctor (or worse) but it pisses me off that people, including my H, had the nerve to tell me I shouldn't be "one of those people" with regarding to not wanting sick people touching my kid.  

I've got my undies in a bunch today, big time, and this is one of the reasons why. 

I hope everyone who is sick, or who has a sick LO, feels better soon. 

BFP #1 26May12 - EDD 27Jan13 - DX blighted ovum 12Jul12 - M/C 2Aug12 
    BFP #2 13Jan13 - EDD 22Sep13 - DD born 20Sep2013!
    BFP #3 23Jul15 - EDD 1Apr16 - 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"