February 2014 Moms

Happiest baby on the Block?

Have you ever used this, and do you recommend it?  I saw it on TV and I was thinking about getting the book and DVD but didn't want to spend the money unless it was something that was really useful :)

Also any BFing books or DVD'S you recommend as well? 

Thanks Ladies!!

Re: Happiest baby on the Block?

• I just posted about this yesterday- a lot of people here recommended it.
  • FTM here as well but I do plan to watch the DVD as a lot of the STMs on here have recommended it. If you have Netflix I believe it's on there as well!

First BFP 5/29/13 : )

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I've got the book on my nook, and I know there's a DVD too, but I haven't watched it.
    I recommend trying the DVD. The book is fine, but very repetitive.

As far as bfing goes, I'm reading "the womanly art of breastfeeding" and it's okay too. Others recommended "so that's what they're for" but I couldn't get it on my nook. :)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • dunvillesdunvilles member
    edited December 2013
    Yes!!! Saved our sanity when ds was 3 wks old! You can probably rent it at your local library
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think it is a must read.  However, once you read it once and learn the 5 S's, you probably won't refer to it again.  I think we checked the book and the DVD out of the library.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Yes!!! Love that man. This is my standard shower gift. Skip the book and just get the DVD. It has white noise that newborns love. We played it in the tv in our room all night for the first few weeks.

• My pediatrician swore by this set, even sold it at his office.
    As for Breastfeeding, I found Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding the most helpful & least intimidating. I liked the real stories of moms who did & couldn't make it work. I felt like it didn't make me feel guilty but supported.
  • Oh and the book stressed me out. All that talk about crying and colic... I was terrified and didn't make it thru half the book. Seriously... DVD is the way to go. So much more helpful seeing the techniques work in real life. Netflix has the disc too if you have netflix.

• I'll second the "Womanly Art of Breastfeeding". I give it to any friend/family member that expresses an interest in BF. It's considered the bible of BF in the LC/LLL world.
  • I am on the wait list for the DVD at my library! After I get it and watch it, I may end up buying it if I think I will need to see it again. I'm pretty excited about it, though. I've heard really good things. You should check out the YouTube videos of it so you can see how amazing that guy is.

image            image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also I thought it was interesting how each of my kids responded to different part of the 5 Ss. DS only needed to be swaddled and he was out. Anywhere, anytime. It was like a party trick ;-). DD needed to be swaddled with a wubbanub to suck on and white noise shhh. And she needed it all.the.time.

• I just downloaded the Amazon instant video, and I'll watch it with my SO when I get home! It was only 10 dollars, so why not? Thanks Ladies! 

Also bought Womanly Art of Breastfeeding on kindle! Time to start reading up! 

• FTM here! My therapist recommended it to me. She's sees a lot of post partem moms and says it's a sanity saver.
  • clb2196 said:
    I just downloaded the Amazon instant video, and I'll watch it with my SO when I get home! It was only 10 dollars, so why not? Thanks Ladies! 

Also bought Womanly Art of Breastfeeding on kindle! Time to start reading up! 

Oh I'm glad someone mentioned that it was on Amazon! Way more convenient for us than getting a DVD, thanks!
    I looked on Netflix, but I only pay for the digital streaming and they didn't have it! Thank god for amazon instant streaming.  Can't beat ten dollars.  When I looked on the website for the book and DVD special it was over 50 dollars. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Netflix disc just arrived in my mail, so I'll be watching it on NYE or NYD if DH can get our TV, Playstation and speakers hooked back up since we're still trying to wrap up our remodeling project.
    Batman_dickbutt photo 328_batmansmall.jpg

Feb. 2014 Moms January Siggy Challenge: Cute & Clumsy Animals
    Maru!
  • If you don't have Netflix or want to spend money on it some local libraries have copies of the book and DVD. We borrowed it from there when we had sleep issues with DS. I will probably watch it again to freshen up :)
  • My mil gave us the DVD w/ our first & the methods helped us a lot when he was a newborn! I'd skip the book & buy or rent the DVD.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"