Parenting
Options

Party Help!

I have all of zero things done for Cades party this Sunday. It's at 3pm and I have no idea if I should be fully feeding people. I have basics planned for the snack table and was thinking of doing some party trays from Safeway or Costco. My aunt had the cake covered. Tomorrow I was going to Partycity to pick up decorations and a balloon order. Anything I'm missing? I'm trying to keep it simple and in theme. Plus not many kids besides a couple cousins. Thanks!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Party Help!

• Options

I think it depends on the length of the party.  If you are planning on the party continuing thru dinner time (6 pm ish) I would offer something more substantial than snacks-- esp if the party is mostly adults.

Maybe put some snack type foods out for when guests first arrive, but I would plan on maybe ordering some pizzas or a 3-6 foot hero (obvioulsy depending on the # of guests.)

JMO, though.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    Thanks you guys! I was thinking of setting one of the ball pits up and making pool noodle lightsabers. None of the kids will be all that old so that should be enough for two hours. Plus grandma has tons of coloring books there and toys. I guess I'll be ordering lots of party trays tomorrow. There will be about 30 people there.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Drinks? Hot Chocolate bar or Cider bar? Also, my family would expect beer and/or wine, but at least soda or juice. Do you have plates/napkins/silverware covered? Make sure your camera is charged & has enough memory (I ran into this issue last year, ugh, luckily it was at my house, but having to dump pictures onto my external was a pain).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Drinks? Hot Chocolate bar or Cider bar? Also, my family would expect beer and/or wine, but at least soda or juice. Do you have plates/napkins/silverware covered? Make sure your camera is charged & has enough memory (I ran into this issue last year, ugh, luckily it was at my house, but having to dump pictures onto my external was a pain).

I was going to do a punch and bottled water. Grandma always has soda on hand for parties since her and my aunt buy them in bulk.
  • Options
    This is off topic but our kids seem to be almost the same age apart. Does it get easier as the baby gets older?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    EVA116 said:

This is off topic but our kids seem to be almost the same age apart. Does it get easier as the baby gets older?

Yes and no. It's easier on one hand because they entertain each other and get on a similar schefule. More difficult on another since one gets jealous and steals toys, the other still has no verbal skills abd hits, pulls hair, and screams. I like it though. Much better than when he was littler.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"