Natural Birth
Options

Hypnobabies instruction guide

Hi everyone. I am in search of a copy of the hypnobabies home study GUIDE? I did Hypnobabies 5 years ago with my DD 2 and loved it. I am now 22 weeks with DD 3 and went to pull out my course, and am missing all of my paperwork. All that to say, I really just need to know the order in which to listen and the partner portion, because it's been so long. I'm wondering if anyone is willing to share with me or I can even buy a copy of the guide from you?(or even just the listening and partner info) 
Thanks so much in advance :) 
I'm not savvy on here but I think you can private message me? 
I live in California (for mailing purposes)

Answers

• Options
    @birthjunkie13... Oh my gosh! That would be so wonderful. Yes, and whichever portion my husband is part of? I really don't remember that part because he wasn't really a part of my last hypnobabies study. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    Thanks a ton for looking. I felt like I had searched everywhere. That is very helpful :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    meggyskimeggyski member
    edited December 2013
    This is a bit off topic, but if you studied hypnobabies and used the method during your labor, did you find it to be effective?  I'm a curious first-time mama to be.  Thanks! 

first pregnancy
    due August 20, 2014
    (my blog about bikes, growing things, home remodeling 
    and other random life stuff)

• Options
    Oops, I accidentally pushed "no" it didn't help. Lol. Yes it did. Thanks :)
  • Options
    @meggyski I had a home birth vbac last time with hypnobabies. I LOVED listening to the tracks for the weeks before birth. It was so calming. I needed it because I definitely was fighting some fears about a home birth and vbac. As well as some personal stresses in my life. Seriously, I would say its worth it just for that. This time I will be in a hospital and am planning to have my husband be very aware of the course and cues ( he wasn't last time, so he had no idea what to say or do regarding hypnosis ). I think, for me, I will need someone to know what the course is since I won't be at home and will be at least a bit more restricted.
    All that to say, my birth was less than 4 hrs start to finish (went from 2cm to pushing in 30 min) Throughout my listening in those weeks I really was personally more focused on having a quick birth. I didn't have hopes of pain free. Although I completely believe its possible. But I was more worried about the pain being LONG. I knew I'd be at home with no choice of drug and just hoped to get through it. I truly believe that's why it did what it did for me. 2cm to pushing in such a short time is probably pretty intense but I think much less for me because of hypnobabies. I'm excited to try again with more support and to try and achieve a less painful time. Sorry for the novel. Summary: I loved it and think its worth it. I definitely think its better to have a partner knowing what to do. I had no intention of a pain free birth and therefore believe that's why it didn't provide me with one. I did want a quick event-free birth and I got exactly what I wanted. This time I'm aiming for pain free ;) good luck!
  • Options
    @stvnambr thanks for the thoughtful response!  I am bumping hypnobabies up on the priority list (and sorry for the delay in replying, we were out of town for the holidays).  Good luck this time around, I'll be excited to hear how it goes!

first pregnancy
    due August 20, 2014
    (my blog about bikes, growing things, home remodeling 
    and other random life stuff)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"