February 2014 Moms

arrythmia is back.. advice/question

MoxyByProxyMoxyByProxy member
edited December 2013 in February 2014 Moms
Today was just a regular ob appt. On Thursday when I went for the ultrasound they said it resolved itself so we didn't do the echocardiogram or see the cardiologist.. instead, we just got set up foe a follow up ultrasound for this friday.

So here's my questions..

1. Anyone else deal with what they are calling a persistant intermittent arrythmia in regards to LO?

2. Should I call the mfm myself to make her aware? I'm not sure of how my ob and ger comnunicate.

This is just really stressful and I had an idea it came back.. idk why.. I just did. Google is scary as hell and for as many.. its not uncommon things I'm seeing.. there are equal scary links too.

Tia!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: arrythmia is back.. advice/question

• I'm not sure what your saying. Are you saying that even though the U/S appeared normal you want to chat about it with the MFM? It depends which dr ordered your U/S. if it was your OB the results will be sent to the OB so you should start from there.

If I were in your place I would be calling both to ensure I had all information and clarity on next steps.

Also how do you know it's intermittent arrhythmia? My impression from your post is that it's resolved unless it's happened more than once.
  • MoxyByProxyMoxyByProxy member
    edited December 2013
    Last thursday it had resolved and they confirmed by ultrasound with mfm

They said IF it came back it would be intermittent since it comes and goes and since its every 5beats or so.. its also persistent

Now via doppler with OB. its clearly back
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • So did your OB clarify what does that mean? What's the risk? What needs to happen when? I would ask a lot of so what next and what does it mean kind of questions so that you can clearly discuss the risks and potential options.

I think the MFM might be better equipped to answer that for you. Perhaps you should request your OB for a referral unless you automatically will after your next U/S.

Best of luck! Sorry this is not easy but hang in there.
  • Do you know what kind of arrhythmia it is? I just did some quick reading on it, and it looks like treatment is based on what kind of arrhythmia it is.
    A lot of what I'm reading looks like at the most, prenatally, treatment includes putting mom on cardiac meds for the duration of pregnancy. This, again, depends on what kind of arrhythmia it is.
  • I think it at the time was just irregular but because it was gone on Thur they didn't really give an answer on that.

I went ahead and called the mfm who saw me in the hospital. Ill be thrilled if its no big deal but they need to confirm its no big deal by actually catching it on the ultrasound and echo.

I HOPE its just a medication solution.. but they also said delivery too which is nerve wracking.

I just wish I had some answers and hopefully that will happen this week but the damn holidays keep getting in the way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"