Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Solution for Baby Rolling During Changing?

Hi, 

Does anyone have any tips on how to change a really wriggly baby? My 6 month old son just spins like crazy anytime I change him or try to get him dressed. It makes me nervous to change him on the changer because I'm worried he's going to spin off so I have to change him on the floor or in his crib. Anyone else having this problem? Advice?

Thanks!

Re: Solution for Baby Rolling During Changing?

•  I give my son a toy or sing a silly song which seems to help distract him for a little bit. I also change him a lot on the floor because it just seems easier that way and if he does roll over, no big deal. When they have a poopy diaper and they want to roll, that's the worst!!
  • I make weird ass noises to grab his attention.
  • Loading the player...
  • I give him a extra diaper to play with while I'm changing him so he's distracted. He wants to grab at everything if I take the diaper away he freaks out lol
  • diana.filipidiana.filipi member
    edited December 2013
    My DD was so stinkin' well behaved for diaper changes.  I always gave such light hearted advice around wriggly babies and diaper changes.  Then my 2nd child came along and he was a greased pig in his former life!  Kid was strong even as a baby and he would twist to get away and scream sometimes and just was generally VERY hard to change, especially after bath when being changed on our bed.  My husband and I would both kinda break a sweat with the after bath diaper and pjs.  Intense! 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I've tried a lot of screaming, "No! No! No!! Stop!!!! Don't roll!! Ahhh!" It definitely doesn't help. Just thought I'd share to save you the trouble of trying that method.

• A toy! Rattle or anything that crinkles. Singing a song. GL! 

• evelyn602 said:

I give him a extra diaper to play with while I'm changing him so he's distracted. He wants to grab at everything if I take the diaper away he freaks out lol

This is what I do.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! I think I'll keep changing him on the floor and just try and keep him occupied!
  • Ever since he learned to roll I have been having this problem. It seems like nothing I give him holds his attention long enough. That is when I found Hulabye Happy Changer and the Hug n Hold.

I just found them this weekend so I haven't tried them out but they seem like a great investment!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • A toy works wonders!  I just implemented this.  It's a specific rattle that she only gets to play with during diaper time, otherwise it stays in the diaper drawer.  It's definitely helped keep her relaxed during changing time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"