September 2013 Moms
Options

No more wine?

Anyone else's alcohol tolerance completely tank after LO was born??? The last 2x I drank, I only had 2-3 glasses of wine (in a 4 hour period) and ended up vomiting. I can certainly just stop drinking completely, but am I alone here?! My mom says it's because I'm BFing (before the flames, I give pumped milk when I've had more than I one).
What gives?!

Re: No more wine?

• Options
    Hubby and I went out about 2 weeks ago and I had my first (and only so far) drink. It was a StrongBow on draft and I must say, it did make my head feel a little bubbly! It was delicious too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My tolerance is definitely lower too! I haven't even tried having more than a glass of wine at a time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I honestly just haven't really wanted to drink.  We went to a friend's party and in 6 hours I had I think 3 drinks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

313Meg said:

Flame away but I have a beer or a glass of wine per night and EBF. (Sometimes 2) I had to do smaller amounts at first but it's getting better. I still am careful and won't do a cocktail without knowing I have back up milk.

The drink helps me simmer down from the day and it's my reward to myself that I'm doing a good job!

I do too. If I have two glasses I wait until DS has gone to bed for the night to have my second glass.

Me 3 but it is generally once I put him down for his long stretch of sleep.

• Options

I honestly just haven't really wanted to drink.  We went to a friend's party and in 6 hours I had I think 3 drinks.

Same here. I usually drink during the holidays too, but I didn't even care to. I still want to go out and enjoy friends, but don't really feel like drinking much.
    fittest mom photo FITTEST-MOM_zps2351b4e2.gif
  • Options
    I use to look forward to Christmas morning when I'd get drunk off of mimosa after mimosa after mimosa. This year I had ONE and made it mostly OJ and was really buzzed. Yay for cheap drunk but lame cuz I really wanted another one.
  • Options
    Oh man, one glass does it for me. I had a beer last night and my eye balls were swirling. Good news is, it's a cheap buzz. :) 

image image  image  image

• Options
    I must be in the minority here but I went out once when LO was 6 weeks to an overnight bachelorette, had pumped enough for the time I was gone plus made sure I stopped drinking about 12 hours before I knew id have to feed him again. I managed to polish off a bottle of wine as soon as I got there and could have kept going but didn't as I needed the time to get it out of my system.
    Haven't drank since and am curious if my tolerance will be just as high the next time I drink.
    Melissa (30) & Chris (30)
    BFP Oct 16, 2012 M/C Nov 10, 2012
    BFP Dec 31, 2012 EDD Sept 12, 2013

Brody was born on September 23, 2013 at 6.33am weighing 8lb 14oz.  
    Hes our angel... :)

• Options
    aml8979 said:

313Meg said:

Flame away but I have a beer or a glass of wine per night and EBF. (Sometimes 2) I had to do smaller amounts at first but it's getting better. I still am careful and won't do a cocktail without knowing I have back up milk.

The drink helps me simmer down from the day and it's my reward to myself that I'm doing a good job!

I do too. If I have two glasses I wait until DS has gone to bed for the night to have my second glass.

This is me too. And I always have pumped milk for him too, if needed. How long are you ladies waiting before BF again after 2 glasses of wine? I feel no buzz... But not sure how long to wait.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    star328 said:

aml8979 said:

313Meg said:

This is me too. And I always have pumped milk for him too, if needed. How long are you ladies waiting before BF again after 2 glasses of wine? I feel no buzz... But not sure how long to wait.

Ive waited 2 hours per drink...
    Melissa (30) & Chris (30)
    BFP Oct 16, 2012 M/C Nov 10, 2012
    BFP Dec 31, 2012 EDD Sept 12, 2013

Brody was born on September 23, 2013 at 6.33am weighing 8lb 14oz.  
    Hes our angel... :)

• Options
    Yes I discovered this the hard way this weekend! UGH. Luckily we brought way more expressed milk than I thought I needed. I felt awful for overdoing it. It wasn't any more than I would have normally drank so I didn't think much of it. Lesson learned!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"