September 2012 Moms

Can we have a little bitchfest?

In an effort to be more positive in 2014, I feel like I need to cleanse myself of some bitching first.  I'll start being more positive on Wednesday.

Re: Can we have a little bitchfest?

• They turn the heat way down in our (already freezing) office while the students are on break.  I can barely type my hands are so goddamn cold, and the bathrooms? Don't even get me started.  It's like 50 degrees in there.  My ass damn near freezes to the seat each of the 50 freaking times I have to pee throughout the day.

Also, I have a space heater.  I'm still freezing.

That felt good.

• Yes, please.

Our nanny is wrecking our stuff.  I don't think she's doing it on purpose, more just being careless.  DH and I spent time yesterday ironing a water stain out of our dining room table and removing keys from our laptop and cleaning with Q-tips because there was sticky pink stuff in there.  I don't really know how to talk about it with her because I think she'll just deny it.  I'm so over dealing with her like she's a teenager but I can't get rid of her because she's so affordable.

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, let's bitch one last time in 2013.

1. I want to scream inside my house.  It looks like an effing Toys R Us stock room.  On top of that and the clutter, it's FILTHY.  Like I need to dust/mop/scrub my kitchen sink/tubs/toilets.  We're living in filth and clutter and we better not get sick.  I did lysol all door knobs and light switches yesterday and toilet handles, ha.

2. I haven't talked to my mom since Christmas Eve when we were there and suspect she is pissed at me for something though I have no idea what.  This is very typical of her and she thoroughly enjoys ruining holidays and events by making everything about her.  I am sofaking over it after 36 years.

3. I'm grossed out by how I look with this extra holiday weight on me coupled with my existing flabbiness.  I want to wave a wand and be a thin hard body.  

I'm sure I have more and may ETA after lunch.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• MommaP12 said:
    Yes, let's bitch one last time in 2013.

1. I want to scream inside my house.  It looks like an effing Toys R Us stock room.  On top of that and the clutter, it's FILTHY.  Like I need to dust/mop/scrub my kitchen sink/tubs/toilets.  We're living in filth and clutter and we better not get sick.  I did lysol all door knobs and light switches yesterday and toilet handles, ha.

This was us yesterday.  We ended up taking down every single decoration, and I cleaned for the entire day.  Our house is so bare it looks like we're getting ready to move out.  A trip to Home Goods is in order.

• This is really stupid and probably more of a confession, but I don't know where else to put it.  My sister told me Saturday that she works with one of my ex's wife.  We will call them J (ex) and A (his wife).  Anyway, for some reason it really bothered me.  J and I broke up because A "came back" to him after having several flings and basically slutting it up all over town.  She was horrible to him and he was a fantastic person/ boyfriend.  Anyway, it is stupid because this was years ago, like 10 years ago and for some reason it really bothered me that she and my sister are friends.  So stupid.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Ugh. Before my co-worker left she was supposed to enter all of our performance management stuff into a database. She half-assed it so I have to go back and do it all over. The stack on my desk is scary.
  • DS started daycare the week before Christmas. By Day 4 he stopped crying on drop-off and was supposedly doing well during the day (and actually napping 2-2.5 hours). Christmas week hardly anybody was there so they consolidated all 4 Toddler classrooms into 1. Different teachers and different kids made him a mess all over again. He napped for less than an hour every day and was pretty much a nightmare for the rest of the day after pickup. I was excited to get back to a more "normal" week this week only to find this morning that a bunch of kids are still gone and there is a substitute teacher there this morning. He's most likely going to be a fussy mess all week, not to mention that he has shots at his 15-month appointment today. And I can't even drink to make it better.
  • The dog bit keagan this weekend. Not awful, but she broke the skin. I made an appointment to bring her to the vet. I'm all over the place because I don't want to re-home her or put her down, so I am hoping we can just get some anxiety meds or something for her, but dread the price tag on that :( poor keagan was so (emotionally) hurt. The look on his face was so heartbroken.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • I'm stuck at the DMV. Pity me.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • The dog bit keagan this weekend. Not awful, but she broke the skin. I made an appointment to bring her to the vet. I'm all over the place because I don't want to re-home her or put her down, so I am hoping we can just get some anxiety meds or something for her, but dread the price tag on that :( poor keagan was so (emotionally) hurt. The look on his face was so heartbroken.
    What was going on when the dog bit him?

• Having the stomach bug again seems to have exacerbated my all-day sickness.  I had been feeling a little better, getting at least 1 meal a day down, and now? Nothing.  I'm dry heaving at my desk.

• BPer said:
    The dog bit keagan this weekend. Not awful, but she broke the skin. I made an appointment to bring her to the vet. I'm all over the place because I don't want to re-home her or put her down, so I am hoping we can just get some anxiety meds or something for her, but dread the price tag on that :( poor keagan was so (emotionally) hurt. The look on his face was so heartbroken.

Nothing. Ugh. I might cry and this might get long, sorry. I've spent hours trying to figure out what is going on in her little puppy brain. She is a rescue so we don't know much about her upbringing. When Colby was younger she started peeing on the floor in he middle of the night so we put her cage in our room and put her in the cage at night. Finally Colby started sleeping through the night and she stopped peeing at night so a month or so ago we started letting her sleep in our bed again. When keagan wakes up in the morning he comes and gets in bed with us to wake us up. She lunged at him one morning and bit his hand :( I'm thinking she was being defensive of her position on the bed? I don't know. She has a love/hate relationship with him because sometimes he likes to play with her when she isn't in the mood. When we re-did all the kids rooms her "hiding spot" (under the futon in the playroom) got taken away so now she really doesn't have anywhere to go to get away from him when he is being hyper so I think she has just been building up frustration against him. I'm not willing to put her down, and really really really don't want to re home her so I hope the vet has some ideas or suggestions.

• Penny hit me in the face with a little people reindeer on Christmas because I wouldn't let her put it in my eggnog. She wasn't trying to hit me in the face, just flailing it in anger, but it split my lip. I just about lost my shit.

We hosted my family party at the house - Penny and my cousin's DD are the only little ones in the family. Penny is working on her bottom molars and was off her game. We only see these people once a year, and it makes me sad that they didn't get to see her at her best. Especially because my cousin's baby was happy and smiley.

My mom sent me an email this morning saying that someone had dented her car at the party. I feel badly, but I can't do anything about it. I'm already anxious that things didn't go as well as they should, because I was so exhausted from the week and from DD's teething i didn't even make the main and the side dish I had planned. It was no other message, just about her car and how pissed she is and how much this will cost them.

Someone broke one of my favorite glasses at the party, and didn't tell me. It's a fancy highball glass with etched fish on it. Seriously, why did you need to go into my top cabinet to get a fancy glass, when paper and plastic cups were made readily available? Who do you think you are? And to not say anything to me? I found it when I was searching through the trash for any of my dozen or so missing forks.

I am so over the holidays. I feel so exhausted and depressed. I'm thinking about buying DD a play kitchen to cheer myself up.
  • BPer said:
    The dog bit keagan this weekend. Not awful, but she broke the skin. I made an appointment to bring her to the vet. I'm all over the place because I don't want to re-home her or put her down, so I am hoping we can just get some anxiety meds or something for her, but dread the price tag on that :( poor keagan was so (emotionally) hurt. The look on his face was so heartbroken.

Nothing. Ugh. I might cry and this might get long, sorry. I've spent hours trying to figure out what is going on in her little puppy brain. She is a rescue so we don't know much about her upbringing. When Colby was younger she started peeing on the floor in he middle of the night so we put her cage in our room and put her in the cage at night. Finally Colby started sleeping through the night and she stopped peeing at night so a month or so ago we started letting her sleep in our bed again. When keagan wakes up in the morning he comes and gets in bed with us to wake us up. She lunged at him one morning and bit his hand :( I'm thinking she was being defensive of her position on the bed? I don't know. She has a love/hate relationship with him because sometimes he likes to play with her when she isn't in the mood. When we re-did all the kids rooms her "hiding spot" (under the futon in the playroom) got taken away so now she really doesn't have anywhere to go to get away from him when he is being hyper so I think she has just been building up frustration against him. I'm not willing to put her down, and really really really don't want to re home her so I hope the vet has some ideas or suggestions.
    Our dog is a little high-strung, and our vet had us give her benadryl to mellow her out a bit.  Maybe your vet will recommend the same (though I know in some dogs it has the opposite effect). Good luck! And I would just try and keep them separated for now.

• eshee8198 said:
    Penny hit me in the face with a little people reindeer on Christmas because I wouldn't let her put it in my eggnog. She wasn't trying to hit me in the face, just flailing it in anger, but it split my lip. I just about lost my shit.

Someone broke one of my favorite glasses at the party, and didn't tell me. It's a fancy highball glass with etched fish on it. Seriously, why did you need to go into my top cabinet to get a fancy glass, when paper and plastic cups were made readily available? Who do you think you are? And to not say anything to me? I found it when I was searching through the trash for any of my dozen or so missing forks.

I would be so pissed.  And probably fly off the handle and send a scathing email/text on a witch hunt for the culprit.  But I'm a bit crazy.

Also, my kid has also been a goddamn nightmare for the last week or so.  Everything results in a tantrum.  I just want to be all "what the fuck is wrong with you?!"

• BPer said:

Could you create another space for her so she can get away?  Buy her a nice soft warm doggie bed?

She has a space upstairs in our room but we have the gate on the he stairs most of the time for Colby so she can't access it very easy. Our house is small and very poorly laid out. I'm not sure how else to make a space for her that he can't access easily. I think that her bite really scared him. We had a talk about the fact that sometimes he is mean with her and that is why she bit him and I think that he is finally connecting the dots. He has been nice to her or avoiding her since.

• BPer said:
    eshee8198 said:
    Penny hit me in the face with a little people reindeer on Christmas because I wouldn't let her put it in my eggnog. She wasn't trying to hit me in the face, just flailing it in anger, but it split my lip. I just about lost my shit.

I would be so pissed.  And probably fly off the handle and send a scathing email/text on a witch hunt for the culprit.  But I'm a bit crazy.

Also, my kid has also been a goddamn nightmare for the last week or so.  Everything results in a tantrum.  I just want to be all "what the fuck is wrong with you?!"
    This is us, except I am all, "what the fuck is wrong with you?!"  like 10x a day.  The whining is killing me.  I can't stand it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Seriously, Hannah has just been straight up crazy.  She'll spot something on the counter in the kitchen, have no idea what it is, yet point to it and scream so that I will give it to her.  I think MH blames me for her behavior lately.

• I'm pissed at myself for scheduling phone sessions with my clients.  I'm working from home today and I don't wanna talk on the phone.  I HATE talking on the phone.  HATE.  And therapy over the phone?  Disaster.  No non-verbal cues, facial expressions.  FML.

• I would like to call up the buyer's agent on our house and bitch him the fuck out.  They were supposed to close tomorrow and the CLOSER just emailed our realtor that it wasn't going through. "hopefully by Friday, but not sure yet." WHAT THE FUCK.  For the record, this was originally supposed to close on the 13th. I busted my ass to pack while moving and took two days off of work so we could be out of the house by noon on that Friday.  We could have used this whole past week to pack and move... and actually have somewhere to stay if we went back to MN for the holidays.

This is the THIRD unannounced closing reschedule (as in, our realtor has to prod for information), because the buyer's agent is apparently an incompetent jackass.  If they don't close by Friday, we're pulling the sale, keeping the earnest money, and relisting.  Which just sounds like SO MUCH FUN.  fuck.

also? did I mention that H just pulled the plug and quit his job because the house sold? His last day is this Friday. I'd really like to not pay for a mortgage and new rent on my salary alone. fuck. fuck. fuck.
    OMG Cheese this is brutal.  I feel so bad for you.  I cannot even imagine this stress.  I would be cursing and eating every dessert in sight.   I really hope you close on Friday and start 2014 off right.

• eshee8198 said:

We hosted my family party at the house - Penny and my cousin's DD are the only little ones in the family. Penny is working on her bottom molars and was off her game. We only see these people once a year, and it makes me sad that they didn't get to see her at her best. Especially because my cousin's baby was happy and smiley.

My mom sent me an email this morning saying that someone had dented her car at the party. I feel badly, but I can't do anything about it. I'm already anxious that things didn't go as well as they should, because I was so exhausted from the week and from DD's teething i didn't even make the main and the side dish I had planned. It was no other message, just about her car and how pissed she is and how much this will cost them.

I am so over the holidays. I feel so exhausted and depressed. I'm thinking about buying DD a play kitchen to cheer myself up.
    OMG, I would want to beat the culprit that thought it was okay to go in my cabinets for a glass.  You never saw anyone using it?

Also, I used to LOVE the holidays.  I mean, listening to Xmas music on 11/1 and a bundle of annoying joy all of December.   Not this year.  I am exhausted and depressed right there with you and I hate that I feel like that and hope I can get my Christmas mojo back next year.  I'm hoping it's just because 2013 sucked so bad.  

• BPer said:

Could you create another space for her so she can get away?  Buy her a nice soft warm doggie bed?

She has a space upstairs in our room but we have the gate on the he stairs most of the time for Colby so she can't access it very easy. Our house is small and very poorly laid out. I'm not sure how else to make a space for her that he can't access easily. I think that her bite really scared him. We had a talk about the fact that sometimes he is mean with her and that is why she bit him and I think that he is finally connecting the dots. He has been nice to her or avoiding her since.
    One of our dogs is a scaredy dog rescue on anti-anxiety meds. It's actually only $5 each time I refill the scrip, and it lasts a few months. I can recommend our vet (since we're in the same area) if you want an option. She's wonderful. I'd also recommend speaking with a trainer. There's a woman out here with a company called "Pack of Paws" that specializes in scaredy dogs. I'd reach out to her - they do a few low cost seminars on dogs and kids, as well as a longer weekly class on scaredy dogs. She also does in home sessions. Some of it is working with the dog, some of it is coaching the kids, and some of it is coaching you so that you know how to set things up in the dog's favor. I would definitely not let her back on the bed though - she is defending it. If she doesn't have a good hiding spot in the main level, maybe you can set up a hard sided crate down there for her? Would she go inside?
  • I would like to call up the buyer's agent on our house and bitch him the fuck out.  They were supposed to close tomorrow and the CLOSER just emailed our realtor that it wasn't going through. "hopefully by Friday, but not sure yet." WHAT THE FUCK.  For the record, this was originally supposed to close on the 13th. I busted my ass to pack while moving and took two days off of work so we could be out of the house by noon on that Friday.  We could have used this whole past week to pack and move... and actually have somewhere to stay if we went back to MN for the holidays.

This is the THIRD unannounced closing reschedule (as in, our realtor has to prod for information), because the buyer's agent is apparently an incompetent jackass.  If they don't close by Friday, we're pulling the sale, keeping the earnest money, and relisting.  Which just sounds like SO MUCH FUN.  fuck.

also? did I mention that H just pulled the plug and quit his job because the house sold? His last day is this Friday. I'd really like to not pay for a mortgage and new rent on my salary alone. fuck. fuck. fuck.
    Ugh.  That is obnoxious.  Would the earnest money deposit be enough to cover mortgage/rent?  Does your agent think you should pull the sale?

• BPer said:
    eshee8198 said:

I am doing all I can to NOT send that email. I've re-written it in my head about five times, and not sent it, which is what I'm doing instead of real work. Ha.

Oh yeah, and DD woke up at 3:30 this morning, screaming hysterically, and wouldn't calm down until I went in and picked her up (dad wouldn't do). When I finally put her down at 4 am, because hey, she was quiet and sleeping soundly, she immediately started screaming, "MOM. MOOOOOOM! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" It was a little heartbreaking.

We are entering full tantrum stage as well. I overheard DH telling someone at the party that Baby Safe Haven was still an option. (Kidding, I think).
  • Seriously, we are in full tantrum stage as well.  We kick our legs flail our arms, toss our head back not realizing things are behind us.  What the fuck is wrong with these kids and what the fuck is wrong with 2013?  Seriously, it will go down in my books as the year of utter hell and I think a majority of you can write it down that way too!

@cheeseandrice I am so sorry you are dealing with a shitty buyer!  I can't imagine the stress you and your DH must be under!

• It is so effing cold here it's ridiculous.  It's 10 degrees and negative with the wind chill or whatever.  I normally walk to and from work about 15-20 minutes and DH had to drop me off this morning before taking the kids to DC and I have no idea how I'm going to get home.  Maybe a cab since there is no good bus route or El route for me to take.  This weather is inhumane and mother nature is being a real beeyatch.

• @JohnJacobJingleHeimer I am so sorry for your loss!  =(  I wish there was more I could say or do!

• I'm still bleeding from a surprise BFP/m/c. Kicking myself for taking out my paraguard.
    Oh no, I'm so sorry. :(
    I saw you over on August, and was going to ask what was up.

• I'm still bleeding from a surprise BFP/m/c. Kicking myself for taking out my paraguard.

So sorry to hear this. (((hugs))).
  • MIL phones me at 10:00am and says we have family pictures tomorrow (the 31st) at 6pm. I say no, that doesn't work for us, we have plans for supper with friends for New Years. She says well it has to work because today doesn't work for my SIL. So why do we have to re-schedule for said SIL when it doesn't work today for her, but won't re-schedule for me?
    I stood my ground- I always back down and she knows it. She said she'll see what she can do. Calls me back 20 minutes later and says we are doing them at 4:30 today instead. Finally. I get my way. I'm not missing out on a pretty rare occasion to go out with friends without a baby. Sorry. And then tells me there is no dress color scheme, but when I talk to my other SIL she says there is? I think DH is still going to show up in a blue shirt (instead of black) because he has none and I had no time to shop.

I'm tired, DS has been fighting a fever all week and I'm done with family. We have had enough this Christmas.

• I'll be positive on the weekends, but no promises about UO thursday and FFFC.
    I guess it's probably more important that I'm positive to H. Lately, I've been shocked by the shit that comes out of my mouth.  Not directed toward him necessarily, more passive aggressive bitchiness. I'll just bitch to all you ladies.

• Upstate NY weather has been ridiculous. Twice, this has happened in the last 2 weeks.

Foot of snow > 50 degree day > snow melts, everything is covered in mud > rains > drops 20 degrees while raining > turns to ice

It poured all day yesterday, and in a matter of 10 minutes, it turned to heavy, wet snow, and 3 people lost control on our curve and their cars ended up in our yard, and another one smacked a telephone pole.

Serves them right for driving like assholes, though.

• It's 30 here today and I wore short sleeves to go shopping this morning. Sometimes I think I may not bundle the baby enough because I just don't know. She's not missing any outer extremities so we are OK so far.
  • It is currently 6* here but this morning it was -26. I'm in Michigan which is very much like Wisconsin/Minnesota.

DS wears a fleece in the car and on occassion his mittens. He always has a hat on. We haven't gone anywhere that he needs a super heavy coat. It's from the car in the house. That's it.

• Sorry for your loss, JJJS

• PenelopePondPenelopePond member
    edited December 2013
    @MrsSparklebottom you have the best siggys. I showed DH your one with the weeping angels and he was freaked out. This one about the drum set is hilarious.

JJJS, so sorry for your loss :((
    Awesome, I didn't even get your initials right. Sorry :(
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • I've been so paranoid about the cold and not sure what to dress DS in, so I usually put on his heavy coat/hat/mittens when going from the car into the store or car to daycare. Mostly it's just because that's how all the other little kids are dressed and I feel like I get judgy looks otherwise. And by cold, I mean it was 26* at night a couple of days ago, mid-30's in the day. Over-react much?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"