Parenting
Options

What are you reading?

I just devoured Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I haven't had the time to read for pleasure in so long and it felt good.

So what are you reading? I think I may read Eleanor & Park next.
Lilypie - (KNqh)

Re: What are you reading?

• Options
    fredalina said:

Allegiant (lady in Divergent series)

I've heard good thing about this series. May have to check it out.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon is my go to suggestion.

I would also recommend Divergent. It was really quite good.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estwd2 said:

@RiverSong82 Holy shit, I just finished Fangirl today!!! What a crazy coincidence. I loved it. Even more than Eleanor and Park, which was also great.

My friend just read Attachments and said it was great. That's what I'll be starting next.

Rainbow Rowell writes such fantastic characters. She's my new favorite author.

Omg I finished last night! It was sooooo good! I got the audiobook of Atrachments, which was also good, but not as good as Fangirl IMO. I can't wait to read Eleanor & Park.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    Innocence by Dean Koontz currently.
    I'm hooked and might finish by tonight.

Before that I was reading book 5 of the Mortal Instrument series. It's ok, but I'm not feeling it, I was just in way too deep to stop. In other YA tomes, I read Divergent but thought it was meh (compared to Hunger Games) so I stopped there.

I am so excited to read again. The kindle makes it so easy (I was a long time hold out in solidarity to bankrupt Borders books).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm about to start reading a book called "Crake and Oryx". It's a dystopian novel.
    -------------------------------------
  • Options
    This week, I read Jeneration X and The Fault in Our Stars. I just started The Power of Habit and will probably start BSC next. This is the most I've read since [insert embarrassing length of time].
    Lucy: October 2012 
  • Options
    Btw I give love tits to everyone who responds to my thread.... The wine may have something to do with it too
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...and soon Baby-Sitter's Club. Eeeee
    OMG, we're book twins @thisisbrea!  I have been working slowly on Hitchhiker's Guide for a while now.  I've owned it for quite some and wanted to read it again.  

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    I'm in here for the love tit.  I'm just kidding (sort of).  I'm reading 11/22/63 right now and loving it.
  • Options
    I'm lame. I just got done reading Little Women and am now reading Mansfield Park. In my defense, both books are classics and they were free on my Kindle.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You guise! I'm a Stephen King fan but I've read them all and I'm looking for something similar. Any recs?

There's a PLL prequel?! I really need to get out from under my rock.
  • Options
    Just finished Pll latest Deadly. Now reading Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry.

I have allegaint and attachments as well

• Options
    Although I think he's kind of his own genre, I always recommend Chuck Palahniuk.  His book "Haunted" is so fucked; I love it!
    I've heard about this one; I may have to check it out along with Fangirl.  Thanks ladies!  My to read pile is getting bigger. 

so many different types of sparrows 30 rock         

• Options
    Have you read any of his other books @karbird5?  Haunted is my favorite, because it's just so twisted. 

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    Karbird5 said:
    Have you read any of his other books @karbird5?  Haunted is my favorite, because it's just so twisted. 
    I haven't, I had just seen a Reddit thread about it's twistedness and had made a mental note to check it out.  

If anyone is into historical fiction or Frida Kahlo, Barbara Kingsolver's the Lacuna is fantastic.  

@missyishere you should check out Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates by Tom Robbins.  it is absurd in the best ways.  
    Read it and let me know what you think.  ::pours one out for Ellahella and our mutual affection for Chuck P::

imageimage

• Options
    @Karbird5 I got The lacuna last year for Christmas and I still haven't read it! I need to.
    Yes!  Get on it!  I recommend the movie with Salma Hayek as Frida before you read it.  

• Options
    Karbird5Karbird5 member
    edited December 2013
    I'm about to start reading a book called "Crake and Oryx". It's a dystopian novel.
    @Monkeybabe I added this to my Amazon wish list after another one of these threads a while back.  Let me know how it is!

• Options
    @karbird5 Frida is in my top 5 movies and Frida Kahlo was my fave artist (I was even her for Halloween this year, lol!) :-)
     Never mind me then- no wonder you were gifted the book!  That is a kick-ass costume.  

• Options
    Currently reading Divergent. I hope I like the series more than you all did- nothing worse than trudging through a bad series to just find out how it ends!
  • Options
    Dragonfly in Amber, the second book in the Outlander series. Doing another re-read.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    MrsCodeMonkeyMrsCodeMonkey member
    edited December 2013
    I'm reading the 3rd Bridget Jones book. She's a mom in this book and her take on parenting is funny. Of course it still doesn't compare to the original.

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options
    I bought a couple Kindle books on Amazon last night based on your recommendations but all I got was a downloading error message and no books. :(

• Options
    littlestjerrylittlestjerry member
    edited December 2013
    At home, I'm re-reading all the Harry Potters because I'm a nerd. I think it's been like ten years since I read the first few! At work, I just finished The Human Stain by Phillip Roth. It was pretty good, and I just learned it's a movie too!

DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    I just finished God's Demon by Wayne Barlowe. I found it fascinating.

I'm either about to reread The Last Unicorn by Peter Beagle because I saw a screening of the movie and met the author a couple weeks ago or I'll read How to Con Your Kid because I got that for Christmas. :P
  • Options
    The naked lunch by William s Burroughs, and choked by chuck pahlaniuk are two favorites
  • Options
    I started Attachments today at lunch. Got 45 pages in. Put Fangirl on hold at the library.

• Options
    Joyland - Stephen King - then will be Doctor Sleep.

DD#1 born 9/29/2010; DD#2 born 2/25/2013

• Options
  • Options
    JPinkmanJPinkman member
    edited December 2013

So far I really like Joyland @angelashly

I worked at a small amusement park for a few years in the summer while I was in college and it really brings me back.

ETA - finished Joyland last night - it made me cry.  Doesn't happen that often when I read - I think the last time I cried over a book was The Lovely Bones...

DD#1 born 9/29/2010; DD#2 born 2/25/2013

• Options
    fredalina said:
    Allegiant (lady in Divergent series)

I have heard such great things about this series. That is on my list of books to read.

I am reading three books.

The Greatest Adventures of Sherlock Holmes is my bathroom reading (TMI?)

Toujours Provence is my nighttime reading.

The Kitchen Houseis my book club, lunch break reading.

I would recommend all three.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I will have to check out the Rainbow Rowell books, it is funny to see her name here. She lives in my town and used to write for the paper.
    I am starting O Pioneers, but also want to read the Jim Henson biography.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"