Stay at Home Moms

I'm probably being horribly insensitive but...(warning death mentioned)

edited December 2013 in Stay at Home Moms
I just saw something disturbing on Facebook since a friend posted to something that had lots of replies. Guy in his 30s dies, leaves behind three young kids, very sad story. His ex wife (and mother of his kids) posts a video on facebook including pictures of the kids crying at the guys open casket. I think this is so beyond fucked up to publicly post. I know that people have the right to grieve however they want..but this is really fucked up...right?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm probably being horribly insensitive but...(warning death mentioned)

• Oh, man, that's really disturbing. Reading this gave me a visual of it and I feel sad even though I don't know the kids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it's pretty fucked up to take a video if any kind at a funeral. Posting it to FB just adds to the fucked up-ness.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That is absolutely horrible!
  • If it makes you feel any sort of better, the kids aren't preschool age young...I'd say between 9-14. But still...yeah I was judging and I kind of felt like an insensitive ass for doing so. I guess I'm not that far off base.
  • zbeesma86zbeesma86 member
    edited December 2013
    why do people treat Facebook like a diary??

some things in your life are allowed to be private. like these kids grieving over the loss of their father.

agree it's wrong. these shouldn't be posted.

edit- posted before done..again!
  • I hope someone flags it. Seriously.

Are flags anonymous? (Although its a moot point since I don't know the woman).
  • That is horrible and beyond insensitive.  I hate when people lose all their common sense when it comes to social media.
  • I don't understand why she would post something like that. What was the point? The children's heartbreak is a picture I would try to push far far away from my thoughts. Sure, people grieve in different ways, but I don't see the point of putting out there for the public to see.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Ugh. People need to learn to think before they hit the post button.
  • Grossly inappropriate.  Did nobody who commented on it say anything about it being wrong in some way?
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Grossly inappropriate.  Did nobody who commented on it say anything about it being wrong in some way?
    Nope, just lots of "sorry for your loss" and 20ish likes. Wtf.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"