February 2014 Moms
Options

Diapers and Wipes

Since I'm apparently having a baby in 3-4 weeks, I thought I should really get some diapers and wipes. I know not to stock up too much until I know what works best for us. Any recommendations for brands to start out with? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Diapers and Wipes

• Options
    I would def start out with pampers swaddlers. I would get size NB and 1 to start off with. Wipes I always have used pampers sensitive unscented. I feel they clean the best. Everyone is different though so if your not sure what you will like then just buy like 1 container of each kind to try out.
  • Options
    I use Pampers diapers and Huggies unscented wipes. Start with the Swaddlers. Every baby is different though, and what fits mine may leak horribly with yours.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with both items the PP said. I really like the pampers sensitive wipes because they are more moist en others. It's nice for when they are newborns.

• Options
    Most hospitals seem to use Pampers Swaddlers and they will probably send you home with a few packs.  Baby will outgrow those pretty quickly though so I have 3 medium size boxes of Huggies size 1s and then after she outgrows those, I will probably move on to Luvs for size 2.  I like Pampers Swaddlers for the first few weeks but they are too $$$ and that whole Baby Dry Chemical Burn thing really turned me off to Pampers.  Also, I felt like Huggies did a better job of containing those messy BM poops in the beginning.  Luvs and Target brand were our favorites with both previous babies after the newborn phase.  

• Options
    Oh and if you haven't already, sign up for Amazon Moms!  You get a discount on diapers, 3 months free Prime membership, and if you combine it with Subscribe and Save, you can save a TON on diapers/wipes.  I get them delivered every month and I end up saving like 40%.  It's awesome.

• Options
    I use the Kirkland wipes from Costco, they are so cheap and so big that you can rip them in two and use half per pee for sure.

For diapers - I'll use Pampers Swaddlers for the first little bit. I use Huggies with DD now, not too sure what will work best for a boy. I also have cloth ones that I may use if I feel up for it.
  • Options
    I second everything @slwprincess said :)
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

• Options
    halfthetree halfthetree member
    edited December 2013
    We really like Seventh Generation unbleached for our disposable diapers.
  • Options
    We used Luvs and seventh generation wipes for DD through Amazon Mom Subscribe and Save.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Awhile back someone said that Kirkland and Huggies are the same. I'm gonna check that out at some point.
  • Options
    We use Seventh Generation diapers and Babyganics wipes.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    Awhile back someone said that Kirkland and Huggies are the same. I'm gonna check that out at some point.

Check it out, they appear to be the same.

OP, So far we've  been a Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers house and Huggies Natural wipes. I absolutely hate Pampers wipes, they seem way too thin and wet. I plan to use Pampers Swaddlers then Cruisers again when she gets bigger providing they work with her body type.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    JammersC said:
    Pampers swaddlers through size 1 and Kirkland wipes (costco brand).
    This!
    Pampers swaddlers for the first few months and then after that we'll probably switch over to the Target Up&Up brand diapers. We learned about Target diapers late in the game with DD#1
    Every baby is different but they're so inexpensive (and good!) that they're worth a try!
    We will always use the kirkland wipes from Costco, they are the best!

• Options
    I like the huggies little snugglers for diapers but, I've been doing childcare for a few years and this is just what I find works best and what I keep in the house :) Also I have used the pampers wipes but, prefer the huggies one and done wipes 'unscented' because I have sensitive skin and the pampers ones make my hands chapped because they are too wet.

Anastasia Mae born Feb 19, 2014 at 10:12AM -Tokyo, Japan time. 
    Me: 22 DH: 25 Married since Oct 6th, 2010
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this. I have a pack of pampers swaddlers size 1 that my friends baby grew out of too quickly and couldn't finish. And some pampers sensitive wipes... I'm defintely at a loss on how much/what to buy ahead of time... Everyone has told me to take as many diapers from the hospital as you can (bc you're paying for them anyway). 

I've also heard that certain brands like pampers are better for boys vs. other brands...? not sure if that's true or not...

@BlueDot818

I don't think one particular brand is better for boys, it just depends on their little bodies. Huggies didn't work at all for us but Pampers didn't work for my friend's son. You'll just have to try it out and see what you like.

I don't like the cheaper feeling material of some of the off brand diapers or Pampers Baby Dry, so I've stuck with Pampers Swaddlers and Cruisers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! This is super helpful! I ordered some Pampers diapers for now and Huggies unscented wipes. I did subscribe and save on Amazon, but I'll write myself a note (which I probably will forget to look at) to reevaluate in case I like a different brand better. I ended up with a few different kinds from my shower (my mom made a diaper cake) so I'll be able to try out a few and see what works best for this little boy :) 

Thanks again! 

• Options
    @bluedot818 I've heard the same thing. my sister has a girl and said her LO leaked out of Huggies but loves Pampers. her friend has two boys and leaked out of Pampers but found Huggies to be a better fit.
  • Options
    I've been gifted mostly pampers swaddlers other moms. I have also bought a few boxes of sensitive diapers and unscented wipes because I have horribly sensitive skin and it's only gotten worse since my BFP. I am a FTM so I can't give my advice, just what I'm thinking will work :)
  • Options
    I would get a few different brands. You just never know what you LO's skin will tolerate. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"