Breastfeeding

A Couple of Questions...

1) How many times a day does your ten month old nurse?

2) My DS has started to decline bottles at daycare, and then wants to be up all night nursing.  Any advice on how to fix this? I am TIRED! I will ride it out for the next couple of months if I have to to make it to a year...but I would really like to start correcting his sleep schedule now.

3) How much BM should he be drinking every day at this age? It seems like he has a strong preference for solid food.  Which is worrying me a little bit. I dont want him to get dehydrated or my supply to tank too early.

Re: A Couple of Questions...

• Re: your second question, look up "reverse cycling" on kellymom.com, there's a discussion of it there. HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) How many times a day does your ten month old nurse? At 10 months my LO was nursing 6-7 times.  First thing in the morning.  Right after I got home from work. Once as an after dinner snack.  And shortly before bed.  Then he'd nurse 2-3 times during the day on weekends or have two 5 oz cups of milk at daycare on workdays.  10 months was tricky for us because that's when he dropped the third bottle/cup.  So increased the size of the cups from 4 oz to 5 oz to get a little more BM in him during the day.

2) My DS has started to decline bottles at daycare, and then wants to be up all night nursing.  Any advice on how to fix this? I am TIRED! I will ride it out for the next couple of months if I have to to make it to a year...but I would really like to start correcting his sleep schedule now. I also like PP's suggested sites.

3) How much BM should he be drinking every day at this age? It seems like he has a strong preference for solid food.  Which is worrying me a little bit. I dont want him to get dehydrated or my supply to tank too early. DS2 was still getting around 25 oz. at that point, but I think as long as they get at least 19-20oz it ok.  He just moved things around and had less feedings that were bigger.  Really we just took his lead and whenever it felt like he wasn't getting enough I'd either offer an impromtu nursing session in the early evening or give a bit more water or pumped milk with a meal.  Really, this is the transition stage where BM starts being more for comfort and antibodies and solids become more about nutrition than fun. 

image imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"