Preemies
Options

Sharp pain upper stomach??

Hi ladies I had my little baby early at 33 weeks and it's been exactly a week since delivery and ever since then my stomach has not been well. I have sharp pain in my upper stomach and (sorry tmi coming up) and bad diarrhea last night :( I called my dr and he said it sounds like a stomach virus and to take Imodium...well I still have this pain and am scared to eat anything and it really frustrates me because I don't feel well and I just want to be better so I can concentrate on my little one in the NICU. Sometimes I think maybe it's my body adjusting after the pregnancy, or maybe stress from worrying about her in the NICU? Then I also read about women getting gallbladder problems after pregnancy and that scares me I really hope it's not that...is this happening or has happened to anyone else?? :(

Lilypie - (MlIp)

Re: Sharp pain upper stomach??

• Options
    Is it more one side of your abdomen than the other? Did you have a vaginal delivery or c-section? Is it worse after eating, are certain foods worse than others?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Why was she early? I know when I was on hospital bedrest for high BP the doctors told me to let them know right away if I had pain below my breasts like in the ribcage because it could be my liver, but if you never had any blood pressure problems then I wouldn't think it could be that. Also once the baby is delivered that sort of thing would go away. I would call the doctor again and if he blows you off again I would get a second opinion. Is this your OBGYN or your general practitioner?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FebBaby2014FebBaby2014 member
    edited December 2013
    It's straight across and it's a constant pain for most of the day...she was 33weeks when I delivered and it was a vaginal delivery. It was my OB who suggested I have a stomach bug. I haven't noticed if certain foods cause it for example I just woke up, haven't ate and still have the pain. I don't really eat to be honest because it hurts. If this continues I'm thinking of going to urgent care

Lilypie - (MlIp)

• Options
    I had terrible gas pain with this last delivery, upper stomach area. Most of it was from being on strict bedrest and having to eat while lying down before he was born (and the hospital food wasn't the most helpful with my issue). I still had it the first 2 weeks after delivery, but was given simethicone chewables and it eventually eased up. I did not have diarrhea, though, it was more of the opposite problem. I hope you figure out the cause and feel better very soon!! It's miserable!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"