TTC after 35

Who needs a drink!

BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
edited December 2013 in TTC after 35
I DO!! 3 more hrs until I'm done with work and my big glass of run n coke will be made.

I'm so ready to strangle the 17 yr old at work..teenagers with their moodiness and mouths!! I told her if she was mine her phone and computer would be taken away!! Lol.

@hooligans4 you in tonight? Haha

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
     image   imageimage

Re: Who needs a drink!

• Me me me!!! 

I was just thinking about how I want to slap one of the (new-mom) friends on my FB page, haha. And the holidays were too much work. Let's bring in 2014 for lots of new babies and pregnancies! 

Sarah, 38 | Nathan, 40 | Maxine b. 11/2014 | TTC #2

• BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited December 2013
    Maybe I'm drinking already. Rum not run! Yay @on42!

Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • YES, ME TOO!!!!

I had a particularlly hard Christmas eve/day. We have quite a few out of town family members visiting and lots of kiddos.  One of my H's nephews who is 7 y/o made us a christmas card and read it to us as we all snuggled in his bed. He said he called us mommy and daddy in the card cuz he loves us so much. It was soo soo sweet and so heartbreaking at the same time. I wanna steal that kid, lol. Then the next morning with all the kids opening gifts and the excitement I just couldn't stop thinking how I should still be preggers and why don't I have any kiddos myself. So, I retreat to burying my face in my phone to try and ignore it all. And what do I immediately see ... a post from a 20 year old announcing she's pregnant with a guy she's barely dating. Well that teared me up pretty bad. Everyone around me was like why are you mad, you look so mad right know. It's not mad people, it's uncontrollable sadness.  You're so darn oblivious so I suffer alone.

I did get a positive opk on Christmas day.  Great, thanks body. All these people in my home and I have to BD now?  I didn't tell the H about the + opk, but we somehow managed a little, quiet bd'ing very late at night anyhow. Can't imagine it would work, but hey anything is possible. 

Ok, I'm getting off my soap box now :)

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

• I could use a liquid attitude adjustment at this point in the day...

BFP #1 - DS 2007

BFP #2 - 8/25/13 - mmc 10/10/13

BFP #3 - 1/14/14 - EDD 9/30/14

• Oh man, Yes, could totally use a drink! A virtual toast to all of us going through this!
    Me:41  DH: 46 high count but poor motility & morphology
    TTC on and off since 2005

July 2012: Infertility tests started at OB/Gyn, HSG and HSN all clear
    Sept 2012: IUI #1 w/Clomid - BFN
    Oct 2012: IUI #2 w/Clomid - cancelled due to cyst
    Nov 2012: IUI #3 w/Clomid - BFN
    Break to move and find new PCP, OB/Gyn & RE
    Sept 2013: first appt with RE
    Nov / Dec 2013: IVF #1 with ICSI split
      Dec 6: Retrieval, 4 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized
      Dec 11: Transferred 1 (Day 5)
      Dec 30:  HCG Beta, 4980. BFP!
     1 little bean!
    EDD: August 28 30 2014
    LO Arrived! August 31 2014

All Welcome!

image image
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @PrivateOne hugs. FX for the "quickie"!! I cried off and on Christmas Eve day. I couldn't stop! I'm glad I did...needed a good hard cry :)

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Yay for my drinkers! I know some give up drinking but all I do is wait to cycle so wth! Meet me back here later..he he

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

Here ya go, ladies!!!! 

BFP #1 - DS 2007

• czarmom said:

Here ya go, ladies!!!! 
    Love it! I don't know how to do GIFS :(

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• @beckyp005 - I love GIF's!!!   I will do some more if you'd like! ;)

BFP #1 - DS 2007

• I could use one to but won't....found out the In laws are coming for extended stay , love them dearly but with losses, medicated cycles....I'm totally stressing...:(
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Hugs, Samuelismomma. Don't forget to take care of yourself, too! Have some warm tea, or paint your toes, or find a few moments to breathe! xoxo, lady!

Sarah, 38 | Nathan, 40 | Maxine b. 11/2014 | TTC #2

• I'm in @BeckyP005. Sorry I'm late to the party. The baby I sit for was into everything today so I got nothing done. I just finished giving my fam dinner and just waiting for some out of town friends to come over.
    I'm taking the wisky out as I type.

Thanks for the GIFS @czarmom. Just what we all need on Friday night!!!!

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Is it bad that I'm going to add my wisky to my chia seed drink. Well it makes it a little healthy .... Right.... Right.

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• Me too!!! It was a tough holiday we put my beloved cat down on Christmas eve she was 19, but I could no longer ask her to live and AF showed as I was trying to stop crying for the guests to come over Christmas Eve.

.....darn out of cranberry juice I love cosmo's

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• @hooligans nope...not wrong :)
    @HeathernSteven you are still getting hugs from me :(

I'm drinking my drink but I have soo much other stuff I should be doing! Oh and I can't reply from my computer which stinks big time. Phone is hard!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

edited December 2013
    @hooligans4 no fair..you have friends coming over ::pouts::

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• edited December 2013

How lame are DH and I we are turning down 2 NYE invites to stay home!!!

and @BeckyP005 thank you for the continued hugs really need them

My Ovulation Chart

3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12

Miscarriage 4/23/15

edited December 2013
    We are too! Our friend lives an hour away and MH hates driving that late on the roads on NY's. We love hanging with them so I'm bummed.

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• BeckyP005 said:

@hooligans4 no fair..you have friends coming over ::pouts::

It was nice having friends over. One is up here from NC. I havnt seen her since she moved down there. Plus I didn't have to drink alone.

I love staying home on New Years. I'm always designated driver so if we stay home I can drink and not worry.
    My brother has a huge party in jersey and I would hate that drive home. So we get to stay in. Woop woop.

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• i don't like NYE much its always a big hype and rarely meets expectations. This year one friend is havine a roaring 20 party but they live 2 hours away, another friend is having  a party, but his halloween one was kinda lame, the "groups" didn't mix well, so we will stay home.

we would much rather go to New Orleans, we did that one year because of a huge mix up in our reservation we were in teh best hotel in teh French Quater. We had so much fun, its packed but only in the square, not like NYC which IMHO sucks NYE.

My Ovulation Chart

3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12

Miscarriage 4/23/15

Here ya go, ladies!!!! 
    Cheers!
  • Took on42 advice and cup of hot tea and let the universe revolve around me for a few mins last night:-) feel so much better:-)
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Well ladies... I'm drinking again again! Lol. Line dancing

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• I'm feeling guilty about all the drinks I had at a Jason Boland concert last night. I was hungover all day. I don't know what I was thinking. This is my first super O and IUI cycle too. :( Today, I read that even as little as 1-5 drinks per week can decrease your fertility. I have read that before, but my nurse said one or two glasses of wine wouldn't hurt as long as I wasn't in the ovulation to 2ww phase. One or two led to three or five. So, I have renewed my resolve not to drink at all anymore. I will practice yoga, take hot baths and read to unwind instead. It's going to be tough on my social life. Hopefully, I will figure something out and stick with it.
    Me: 37; DH: 35, SA normal ttc 1st since 11/2011 1/2013: HSG 2/2013-4/2013: acupuncture 3/2013: SHG 4/9/13: lap removed stage 2 endo & ovarian cyst 9/2013-11/2013: Clomid 3x 12/2013: IUI/superO 2013: spent $4,900 on treatment Waiting until 1/2015 for IVF insurance
  • I'm feeling guilty about all the drinks I had at a Jason Boland concert last night. I was hungover all day. I don't know what I was thinking. This is my first super O and IUI cycle too. :( Today, I read that even as little as 1-5 drinks per week can decrease your fertility. I have read that before, but my nurse said one or two glasses of wine wouldn't hurt as long as I wasn't in the ovulation to 2ww phase. One or two led to three or five. So, I have renewed my resolve not to drink at all anymore. I will practice yoga, take hot baths and read to unwind instead. It's going to be tough on my social life. Hopefully, I will figure something out and stick with it.

My best friend got trashed a few days before she got her BFP after IUI. He is a happy healthy 4 yo little boy. I think as long as you don't make a habit out of drinking too much you will be ok ( until you get the BFP ).

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

My best friend got trashed a few days before she got her BFP after IUI. He is a happy healthy 4 yo little boy. I think as long as you don't make a habit out of drinking too much you will be ok ( until you get the BFP ).
    I have been waiting a long time just to get one cycle with DE in and have many more months yet so I'm still drinking. I know many cut all alcohol out I just can't :) For sure right before my cycle...maybe. Just kidding!! Good luck.

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Becky- one benefit with DE is we can drink right til transfer!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• @Mrs.McIrish after I posted I was like...oh it doesn't pertain to me!!! Sometimes I wonder if I have a brain!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"