new year organization ideas — The Bump
September 2012 Moms

new year organization ideas

jenmbottjenmbott
Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 500 Comments Photogenic
edited December 2013 in September 2012 Moms
Seriously, how do I accumulate so much stuff?  Nesting is starting to kick in and I have been cleaning out our office in order to turn it into a nursery.  I have stuff saved from high school (track meet times, report cards, portfolios, yearbooks etc).  I still have all of my music CD's and I can't bear to part with them.  I have already taken the inserts out of the cases and thrown the cases out.  Anyone else re-organizing?  Any tips or consolidation ideas?

Re: new year organization ideas

• My only decent tip to be constantly getting rid of unnecessary stuff.  I keep a box in our hall closet as a catchall for donation items.  Anytime I feel iffy about an item of clothing, a household item, a gift someone who apparently hates me got me, clothes that DD outgrew and I don't like much, it goes in the box.  When the box is full, I take it to the thrift shop donation drive-through.  And it gives me time to fish something out if I change my mind--which I pretty much never do.

Also, it's ok to keep items for sentimental reasons, but it's not ok to not throw things away for sentimental reasons.  Does that make sense--can you see the difference?  If you want to keep something--track medals or yearbooks--then keep them and enjoy knowing you have keepsakes.  But don't just let stuff linger in your house like guests who can't get the hint to leave!  I put all my keepsake stuff (aside from stuff I've framed or made into decor/display items) in one trunk--that's my sentimental trunk and if it fits, it keeps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    jenmbott[Deleted User]
  • I have so much shit that needs to take a hike. I just have to be in the right mood to get rid of it. I realize this isn't helpful, just commiserating.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
    [Deleted User]
  • I we have too much shit too. And while I keep donating, sorting and purging, you'd never know it because new crap is accumulating all the time.

I guess I have just started to deal.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • jenmbott said:

Seriously, how do I accumulate so much stuff?  Nesting is starting to kick in and I have been cleaning out our office in order to turn it into a nursery.  I have stuff saved from high school (track meet times, report cards, portfolios, yearbooks etc).  I still have all of my music CD's and I can't bear to part with them.  I have already taken the inserts out of the cases and thrown the cases out.  Anyone else re-organizing?  Any tips or consolidation ideas?

No ideas, but my DH has ALL has running times written down since he was 15. Not just races. Every single time he goes out for a run. It's insane.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards