March 2013 Moms

What does your LO bring to bed?

DS likes to play with the oddest items. Vitamin bottles, water jugs, socks, and DHs shoes. Recently he doesnt calm down at bed time unless he has a small metal tin in his hand (which contains calming balm that I apply on his temples every night ). Once he sees it he wont stop crying untill he gets it and eventually falls asleep with it! What does your LO bring to bed?

Re: What does your LO bring to bed?

• Aww...

Sometimes she'll still be holding onto a toy or to the lid to the coconut oil but once we're nursing I can usually take it away from her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SidraJedi said:

Aww...

Sometimes she'll still be holding onto a toy or to the lid to the coconut oil but once we're nursing I can usually take it away from her.

So cute! Haha they dont need toys if we have spare caps and bottles right? Haha
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO loves my husbands shoes too, so funny! DS has a comb he loves to hold but I also take it away while nursing before bed. He now has two lovies and the soothe and glow seahorse in his crib at night, which he loves!
  • Ha ha! I thought it would be a while before these little ones got so attached to things such as that. Too funny! :)

DS needs his A&A security blanket in bed. It's a must-have.
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • DS isn't attached to anything specific (other than me, which is why we'e Ferberizing this week).

I remember DD attached to a quilt she received as a baby. I didn't realize the attachment until one day she threw up on it, so I washed it in the tub and hung it up to dry (we were apartment dwellers, this washing machine was too inconvenient). She would not go down for her nap that afternoon and when I let her get down and crawl, she went straight to the gate at the bathroom door and began screaming for it. She carried that thing until it fell apart and I had to cut it down to a smaller size to last until she finally outgrew it (around age 4). I actually have that smaller quilt sitting her in memory box. I couldn't bring myself to throw it away.
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • DD loves her toothbrush. She doesn't often bring it to bed but it calms her down and it is her favorite security item besides me and nursing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • she has a "sleepy time" monkey in there but it's interchangeable with other monkeys(we have like 4 of the monkey heads with little blanket squares attached) so i don't think she's particularly attached. That being said, she loves the crap out of all of them 
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • She has a taggies blankie (different brand though). She sucks on the tags/ribbons and rubs it all over her face to fall asleep. We used to use it to cover her face when getting her to fall asleep (she was a VERY alert newborn) and I guess she started to associate it with sleeping.

If we are somewhere new she needs it to feel secure and crawls around with it shoved in her mouth (basically it replaces a pacifier). We don't go anywhere without it.

DD #1: March 20, 2013
    DD # 2: May 2, 2015
    EDD #3: March 4, 2018

• A Kermit plush. We probably have to buy another. It's had a rough life. We keep taking it away to wash it.
  • A little blanket bear. We have three, just in case, and rotate them all through. We named her "Trixie Bear" and she is a MUST have. I'm constantly melting at how cute she is with her Trixie Bear. When I check on her while she's sleeping, she has one thumb in her mouth, and the other hand is clutching Trixie with her body curled around her. When she wakes up, she plays with Trixie until I come to get her. AWWWW. 

My LO#1 doesn't have a lovey at all, and I was so surprised that LO#2 started taking one around 3 months. I had no idea they could attach so strongly to something so early. 
    Happily married since 2009
    Roo, 8y
    Birdie, 4y
    Jem, 3y
    Vee, 1y
    Baby Bee DUE April 2018

• A little blanket bear. We have three, just in case, and rotate them all through. We named her "Trixie Bear" and she is a MUST have. I'm constantly melting at how cute she is with her Trixie Bear. When I check on her while she's sleeping, she has one thumb in her mouth, and the other hand is clutching Trixie with her body curled around her. When she wakes up, she plays with Trixie until I come to get her. AWWWW. 

My LO#1 doesn't have a lovey at all, and I was so surprised that LO#2 started taking one around 3 months. I had no idea they could attach so strongly to something so early. 
    Awwww so cute! I completely agree, I didn't know that they would attach to something as early either but it is so cute! It is interesting how different each kid we have is! God is so Mighty!
  • My 2yr has to have her Dora. I have found under ware in her bed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"