July 2014 Moms

Have you picked out names?

Re: Have you picked out names?

• Boy - Finn Caldwell
    Girl - Leah Kinsley
  • Soon2BMrsNSoon2BMrsN member
    edited December 2013
    It's between Lilah and Norah for a girl. Undecided on a boy name, Henry is one we've both tossed around but I loathe the nickname Hank and I know relatives would use it.
    My youngest is Henry. No one calls him Hank because when I was pregnant and they asked if they could call him that, I stared them in the eyes and said "No" in a totally fierce voice :) We don't really have ideas for boys names yet, if we are having a girl, she will be Amelia Lee.
    No one has ever called my Henry "Hank," either. I will be curious to see what your boy ideas are since we seem to like the same types of names. I am stuck! Only boy idea so far is Jack. For girls, we've tossed around Charlotte (my favorite), Eleanor, and Amelia.
  • Loading the player...
  • ugh, no! Every name I suggest, DH poo poos.  I really want Elijah for a boy, but he's deadest against it. The only girl name we can agree on is Esperanza, but I'm not 100% sold on that one.

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• We aren't near settled yet but these are some of our favorites:

Girl:
    Stella Luna (we like them together, but they could be great individually)
    Katharine (probably as a middle name)
    Aurora
    Lucia, though it is seeming less and less likely because I would prefer it be pronounced "Loo-CHEE-uh" and pretty much everyone says "Loo-SEE-uh." Also, I would hate for her nickname to be Lucy.

Boy:
    Lorenzo, nicknamed Enzo
    Bjorn
    Wolfgang
    Angelo
    Jack

We like odd names, so Jack is by far the most normal on the list.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • pfeilele said:

Maxiep720 said:

Wow, sad to say. A lot of these names are HORRIBLE, not modern and not unique at all! They're common and ..... Just horrible. %-( poor babies

Would Princess Consuela Banana-Hammock be a better name for my child?
    As a matter of fact, yes. Better than all these names I've read.
  • @Maxiep720, I would love to hear your name options.

I'd rather not have anyone steal them, thanks.
  • jessa8907 said:

Maxiep720 said:

Wow, sad to say. A lot of these names are HORRIBLE, not modern and not unique at all! They're common and ..... Just horrible. %-( poor babies

WTF is wrong with you?

Lol, wtf is wrong w me?! Wtf is wrong w all of these names! Are you having babies or 70 year old women/men?
  • Milan Amira for a girl
    Mylin Amir for a boy
  • we're weird. we like different names. lol. we haven't settled on middle names yet, but our boy name is otto and our girl name is lux....we already have our DD Nova Mae. :) 
  • @RJHarmon Daphne Quinn is still kinda in the running for our girl name, even though DH likes Lux better. :) 
  • orchidhunterorchidhunter member
    edited December 2013
    ashleysyn2
    Yes! She wouldn't be named after the baby bat, but we don't mind that the name would be the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We aren't near settled yet but these are some of our favorites:

Girl:
    Stella Luna (we like them together, but they could be great individually)
    Katharine (probably as a middle name)
    Aurora
    Lucia, though it is seeming less and less likely because I would prefer it be pronounced "Loo-CHEE-uh" and pretty much everyone says "Loo-SEE-uh." Also, I would hate for her nickname to be Lucy.

Boy:
    Lorenzo, nicknamed Enzo
    Bjorn
    Wolfgang
    Angelo
    Jack

Your boys names really caught my eye; it's quite a mix of ethnicities! I like Bjorn and Wolfgang though. Bjorn was on my own list, too.

• Maxiep720 said:
    And pray tell what are you naming your kid? J@zmin3? R@c3r? 

I'll stick to my nice classic, correctly spelled and easily pronounced names that won't have people spending 20 min shaking their head at what in the hell that is supposed to be, thank you very much. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
    BFP: 11.09.13   EDD: 07.21.14 
    Baby Sylvia born 07.20.14
    5 lbs 14.8 oz | 20 1/4 inches

• biglewzerbiglewzer member
    edited December 2013
    biglewzer said:
    Yep our last name is Giorgio so the DH is set on Armani Giorgio.
    Your DH is set on it, but are you?  I mean, it's your kid too.

Does your DH look like a member of the Jersey Shore cast? 

I'm from NJ, I can make that joke. 
     Hey there kay anthony Thanks for the flag. Nice to meet you too, lurker. 
  • FTR - I have MANY friends with very unique names that make way more than me and did not become strippers. Some examples:

B.am.bi - she has a Masters Degree and works 3 jobs, one is being a certified sign language interpreter and another is teaching sign language at a community college.

P.at.ches -  She has a BSN and is currently an ER nurse.

So for everyone that thinks unique names are horrible and wouldn't look good on a resume, fuck off. Obviously it's not the case.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• michellexm, thanks! DH is Italian, Irish, and English and I am German and Dutch. We are looking for something that fits our backgrounds.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • michellexm, thanks! DH is Italian, Irish, and English and I am German and Dutch. We are looking for something that fits our backgrounds.
    We're doing the same!  Nordic names.  Hopefully people don't think they're too crazy!
  • jessa8907 said:
    Maxiep720 said:
    @Maxiep720, I would love to hear your name options.
    I'd rather not have anyone steal them, thanks.
    Let me guess, you are the kind of person who names their kid Sowfeeuh and thinks it's "unique"?

I bet HER name is Maxiepad... what a doucher (SWIJDT)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

We're doing the same!  Nordic names.  Hopefully people don't think they're too crazy!
    Ooh ooh! I love the name Freya but my husband wasn't into it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

That one is also on my list. Different spelling though. :)
    That one is also on my list. Different spelling though. :)
    Freja perhaps? I love that spelling too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD is Molly Kathryn, after his mom (Mary) and my mom (Kathryn).  We're not Irish or Catholic, but we sure got those questions a lot in the hospital.  She was born just before St. Patrick's Day, too.  ;)

Top of the list right now (no promises, except on the first name for a boy):

Boy - Levi James, Levi Michael (DH wants to just do Levi Michael-James, but I'm not crazy about the extra-long name... any thoughts?)

Girl - Natalie Grace, another couple of names that I'm totally forgetting right now (blasted pregnancy brain)

Love reading this (read all 5 pages!).  It's actually inspiring me!  :)

BabyFetus Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image

• Maxiep720 said:

Um....have you lost your mind or did you not have it in the first place? Who the hell died and made you queen of bullshit? These are our names for our children. Keyword: "our". GTFO with all that negativity. This is not the place for you.
  • We do not have a name yet.  We did not have a name at this point either with DD.  We throw around a few here and there, but nothing is decided yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• slh812 said:

Madelyn Rose for a girl and Owen Andrew or Oliver Andrew for a boy

DS1 is Oliver Andrew!

• Lizzy42 said:

We have agreed on Amelia (as in Pond) for a girl and Oliver for a boy, but middle names are a total question at this point. Probably something from our families.

Also, like 3 other people we know have recently named babies Amelia, so we might need some alternatives. I like Violet too.

DS1 is Oliver and if we have a daughter she will be Amelia! We watch Doctor Who too :)

• Salsera29 said:

Csmama123 said:

This whole thread reminded me why we didn't share our names with family and friends till our baby was born, we wanted to choose a name we loved and not be swayed by people's opinions!

Lets try and be respectful and friendly ladies, touchy subjects mixed with all of our hormones is a recipe for disaster! Lets get back to being our supportive selves :)

I get what you're trying to do, but this came off condescending. It sounds like the way I would talk to my 1st graders.
    Sorry wasnt my intention at all!!
    Very sleep deprived from sick ten month old so I wrote it really fast!

Just trying to be nice! :)
  • This whole thread reminded me why we didn't share our names with family and friends till our baby was born, we wanted to choose a name we loved and not be swayed by people's opinions! Lets try and be respectful and friendly ladies, touchy subjects mixed with all of our hormones is a recipe for disaster! Lets get back to being our supportive selves :)
    I get what you're trying to do, but this came off condescending. It sounds like the way I would talk to my 1st graders.
    Sorry wasnt my intention at all!! Very sleep deprived from sick ten month old so I wrote it really fast! Just trying to be nice! :)
    Forgiven :-)

imageimageimage
  • This whole thread reminded me why we didn't share our names with family and friends till our baby was born, we wanted to choose a name we loved and not be swayed by people's opinions! Lets try and be respectful and friendly ladies, touchy subjects mixed with all of our hormones is a recipe for disaster! Lets get back to being our supportive selves :)
    Sorry wasnt my intention at all!! Very sleep deprived from sick ten month old so I wrote it really fast! Just trying to be nice! :)
    Forgiven :-)

imageimageimage
  • we're not going to find out what we're having either. Anthony Glen for a boy, and girl names we're not very sure on but tossed around  Lily Sue and Mya Ann for awhile, but we're thinking it is a boy anyway lol. 
  • I think we are going with Claire for a girl and Gretz for a boy. Middle names TBD.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• tealowl said:

FTR - I have MANY friends with very unique names that make way more than me and did not become strippers. Some examples:

B.am.bi - she has a Masters Degree and works 3 jobs, one is being a certified sign language interpreter and another is teaching sign language at a community college.

So for everyone that thinks unique names are horrible and wouldn't look good on a resume, fuck off. Obviously it's not the case.

Are the periods for serious? Does it change the pronounciation?
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

• yurmomyurmom member
    edited December 2013
    dlsexton said:

tealowl said:

FTR - I have MANY friends with very unique names that make way more than me and did not become strippers. Some examples:

Are the periods for serious? Does it change the pronounciation?
    ETA: nevermind just learned the periods were put in so the name can't be Googled

ETA: editing fail
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

• @tealowl you keep giving examples of people you know that "turned out fine".

You do realize that there is research to support the fact that giving your child a stripper name or one that defies phonics put them at a disadvantage when they are older for a myriad of reasons, right?

Like actual research - not "I knew someone who smoked throughout pregnancy/is named something embarrassing and they turned out great!"

BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"