Pregnant after IF

a little worried... (npaifr)

The other day, DH finally agreed to go to urgent care for a horrific cough and wheezing. They gave him 3 prescriptions which he started on friday. Last night he took a dose without food and again this morning no food and very little water. He woke up feeling dizzy and nauseous which only got worse until he puked 5 times. He said he felt so much better after that. He ate a little lunch but started to feel nauseous again so now he's laying down. Do you think it's from the meds or does it sound more like a stomach virus? If it's the former, I'm happy to be at his side and help but if it's the latter, I am quarantining him! I'm afraid dd or I will pick something up. Ugh! MEN! Any advice?
DH & I: 29
TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
TTC #2 since October 2011
2IF issues
7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: a little worried... (npaifr)

• There has been a pretty bad stomach virus going around the last few months. Sounds like it could be that or taking the meds on an empty stomach. I'd have him take the meds with food and if that doesn't help I'd send him back to the dr.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • agree with pp, there has been a "superbug" going around, however because the puking was right after meds on an empty stomach i think it may be more due to this and the congestion.  if he continues, you know it's the virus!  good luck and stay away! 
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Taking antibiotics on an empty stomach can cause nausea and vomiting. He should really try to at least have a little yogurt or something when he takes the pills. Hopefully it's not a virus and just being silly about meds on an empty stomach!

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• It's probably just the antibiotics, but me?  I'd quarantine him until I knew for sure.  I'm just paranoid like that.  
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • auntjessy said:
    It's probably just the antibiotics, but me?  I'd quarantine him until I knew for sure.  I'm just paranoid like that.  

I think we are cut from the same cloth! I have bleached and lysoled the hell out of the house. Even went out and bought new supplies just in case the old ones were not as potent. I'm not taking any chances although I'm sure I've already been exposed. I *think* it's from meds. He was super dizzy this morning. It says clear as day "take with food" and I think by the time he actually ate, it was too late. He hasn't vomited since around 11, but has experienced pretty bad *ahem* digestive issues. But he says he feels completely fine. He ate a turkey sandwich for lunch. I'm guessing if he was sick he wouldnt have an appetite. Never had a fever or felt achy. So fingers crossed!
    2IF issues
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

• Oh my. I had that horrible stomach bug last year and I thought I was dying. I don't wanna talk too much about it because km nauseas thinking about it. Hope he gets better. Hand sanitizer does NOT kill the stomach flu , this was told to me by the hospital. .
    TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
  • Oh no, sounds like he is having a rough week! It actually sounds more like a stomach bug to me. If it was just a reaction to the meds, it doesn't seem like he would have thrown up that many times. Usually I just get intestinal issues if meds don't agree with me. I hope you and DD don't get it if it is a bug! Quarantine him is my vote, sorry DH!

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• 24 hours later and he's back to normal. He's on very strict instructions to wash his hands all the time. Now it's time for the biohazard team (aka me) to go in and clean this house with bleach (and a a mask) top to bottom. the stomach flu virus can live for weeks on household surfaces! :-O I read that usually within 48 hours another family member will come down with it...so we shall see by tomorrow - bug or meds! And I have jury duty this week, so I'm praying for a miracle here. Thanks gals!
    2IF issues

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"