Babies on the Brain

BFN--still having symptoms?

Hi everyone!

Just needed a little advice.

Recently thought I was pregnant (nauseous, super tired, back hurting, pulse & temp up) and took a HPT last night at 10 days past ovulation. Came up negative. I remembered I had some light spotting about 5 days ago, didn't think much of it then.

Was supposed to get my period today, nothing has happened, not even a cramp. Mild pinching in side of uterus.

Was it too early to test? I'm very new to this process!

Thanks!

Re: BFN--still having symptoms?

• Sorry, that's supposed to say 13 DPO.
  • Hi everyone!

Just needed a little advice.

Recently thought I was pregnant (nauseous, super tired, back hurting, pulse & temp up) and took a HPT last night at 10 days past ovulation. Came up negative. I remembered I had some light spotting about 5 days ago, didn't think much of it then.

Was supposed to get my period today, nothing has happened, not even a cramp. Mild pinching in side of uterus.

Was it too early to test? I'm very new to this process!

Thanks!

HPT accuracy DPO 10 dpo : 35% 11 dpo : 51% 12 dpo : 62% 13 dpo : 68% 14 dpo : 74% 15 dpo : 80% 16 dpo : 88% 17 dpo : 92% 18 dpo : 99%
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Some day I'll figure out how to do paragraphs on an iPad...
    imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2013
    If the spotting you experienced five days prior was true implantation spotting, you would have definitely gotten a bfp five days later. You can chalk your current symptoms up to being in the latter half of your cycle and not true pregnancy symptoms...for now. however, If your temps are still up you're definitely not out yet though. Is this your first cycle temping? My lp is 15 days and I didn't get a bfp until then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ducktale said:
    Some day I'll figure out how to do paragraphs on an iPad...
    @ducktale when you post, above the box, do you see an icon that looks like a piece of paper with two red arrows?  If you click on that you can use return to add paragraphs.  You can also add line breaks by putting in <*br> without the *. HTH

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Thanks ladies. I haven't been temping the whole time. Its been my first month actively trying and I haven't been that great at tracking my ovulation or temp. I'll wait a few more days, then test again in the morning this time.
  • If you're far enough along to have symptoms, then you're far enough along to get a positive test. Keep testing every couple days until you get a positive test or your period.
  • Thanks @twinkie0612

Test
    imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks ladies. I haven't been temping the whole time. Its been my first month actively trying and I haven't been that great at tracking my ovulation or temp. I'll wait a few more days, then test again in the morning this time.

If you haven't been great at tracking you can't really say you're 13dpo. You may have ovulated later than you think which would explain why your temp is up and you're not getting a bfp/af. Keep testing every 2-3 days until you have an answer either way. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"