January 2014 Moms

Baby digging his way out

So I've been feeling pains every night for the past week- it starts around 10:30 pm - the baby would start moving and it would feel like he's literally digging his way out... (I'm still feeling it now as I write this it's been for like half an hour) Like you know how you get those electric shocks down there? Think of it as more and constant and (sorry for the tmi) he scrapes my intestines near the anus alittle too. I've tried reading up about it online but haven't found any answers about this. Does this mean he's coming soon? I'm not dialated or anything.. My Doc says I'm long and closed lol which is very dissapointing every week. I'm now 39 weeks and really hoping she tells me there's some change... But still after all that painful activity, I'd think its gotta mean something!! Another thing I've been getting along with it is the need to go number 2, but nothing comes out and it's very painful. Then I finally go to the bathroom, but it still doesn't relieve the pressure. And that's usually after eating. So I don't know if that has anything to do with it... But I've been having this for a little over a week. Please, if anybody has any answers or hunches for this, please share!

Re: Baby digging his way out

• LabPupLuvLabPupLuv member
    edited December 2013
    Do you go to bed at 10:30 pm? When I lie down LO moves a ton. Now that he has gotten so big, whenever he wakes up and moves around it feels a lot like what you are describing. It could just be that this comes with late 3rd tri as our babies are bigger and running out of room. I hope I'm wrong tho and you will start labor soon!
    imageimage
    Mama of boys, Landon (Jan 14) and Harrison (Aug 15).  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am being cheeky and c&p this from another posters question, but I know exactly what you mean. Add the digging out feeling to what I said earlier:

I have had something pretty similar. I am great in the mornings, by 9pm, I was getting groin pains, lower tummy pains, shooting pains, pain when she moved etc, as well as peeing a lot more. I attributed that to her dropping (36 weeks). I actually did attempt to time them, but because they were not getting closer, I gave up.

From 36-38 weeks, it started happening earlier and earlier in the day, till it got to about 4pm before I didn't want to do anything, walk anywhere, because all I would get was pains and contractions.

I am now 39 weeks, and the contractions are pretty non stop, but only last 10 seconds or so. My back is getting more and more sore, in waves. I am peeing (or feel like I need to pee) all the time, and I feel like I am getting my period/diarrhea. 

I literally just saw my midwife for my weekly check up, she said it's still just BH, but because the baby is so low, and pushing on all the nerves, it can get pretty painful. She said you KNOW when it's the real thing.

Her advice was a warm bath and panadol (tylenol) every 4 hours. She said "see you in a week" so even though I feel like I might go into labour at any time, she still thinks there is a bit of time. 

But if you feel like you need to call/go in, just do it! No one will mind.
  • Loading the player...
  • It sounds like he is just more active when you lay down (totally normal) and is running out of room so the movements hurt more.  Also he is probably pushing on some nerves which make it extra special for you. 

Could you go into labor soon - Absolutely!  Can anyone predict based on what you are feeling - No Way! 

• bensmommy518 - yes, it does make sense that the baby has less room and that it would be more painful... however, he does also move throughout the day and I never feel those pains until its around bedtime which is around 10:30 pm... its really wierd. Not asking for anybody to predict! obviousely nobody can. Just wondering from other 2nd time, 3rd time... moms or even women who know about this- if they remember this typically happening right before going into labor...(from experience) I'm basically looking for some light at the end of the tunnel and hoping I'm not going to go past my due date...I just can't imagine another two weeks of this.... I don't sleep at all anymore from discomfort. :-/
  • Oh dear--I completely relate to you. I have said to DH that I literally feel like this kid's hands are trying to punch out--fingers included. I know this is not what is really happening, but it sure feels this way! I had it with my second daughter as well, and it did not lead to any early delivery (was induced at 39 weeks). I think what it means is that the baby is getting pretty big in there, and that there is less room to move around. Hang in there--you are so close!

Will baby #3 be another girl?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

]

• Thank you @Stella2008 I appreciate the words of encouragements and insight.. it probably is just him getting too big for me :-/
  • I just have to commiserate here. My dude has been doing this since 5 am this morning and man oh man is it painful and does create some cramping too. Does not feel like labor though, but I am a FTM so what do I know? I'm also 39.5 weeks along.

Hang in there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"