April 2013 Moms
Options

I need advice.

I have a sister with untreated personality disorders (borderline, narcissistic, and histrionic). She is very manipulative and has a history of turning people against me. Some of my cousins, for example, don't talk to me unless she says it's ok. I don't know how she accumulates followers, but she does. She has even turned friends against me over the years. She is just nuts and my family enables her. 

After seeing her on Christmas, I am getting really worried about how things are going to play out as DD gets older. DD of course was born on her birthday (gag). My sister keeps saying things like how their birthday is just going to be about the two of them and just the two of them will go out..etc. She also says that DD is going to like her better than me and she will make sure of it. I'm getting anxious because I'm not sure how to protect my child from her. We limit contact already. I don't want her turning DD against me, but I'm so terrified of it because she has done that so many times before. I just don't know how to handle this. I don't want to have to completely cut off my family, either. I just feel stuck. I can't bring up the mental illness to anyone because I get screamed at and it is denied. Everyone acts like there is nothing wrong with her and I'm nuts for bringing it up. 

Any thoughts on how to protect LO from her?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I need advice.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My ex-SIL is bipolar and has borderline personality disorder. She denies the later but fits the description perfectly.

My BFF's ex-BF and his mom both have narcissistic personality disorder. Both untreated because they don't think there's anything wrong with them.

I wish I had advice. I think the only thing you can do is keep limiting contact. I wouldn't let your DD spend any time alone with your sister if she's going to be disrespectful of you.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    Yuck. We are dealing with this with my SIL. We pretty much decided we don't want DS around her at all unless she starts taking responsibility of her actions. She's too manipulative and we don't want her to end up hurting DS with her actions. She has not seen him since about 1 month old. It sucks he won't know his aunt but we feel it is better to protect him. We will continue to talk about her to DS as he gets older and as for now, the ball is in her court. If she really wants to see DS she can take steps to take control of her mental health.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the advice and support. I appreciate it!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"