February 2013 Moms

Sudden sleep issue

DS is 10.5 mos and the last 2 nights have been very strange. Friday night he slept but about 3 times in the night he woke up crying, we left him for a few minutes and he went back to bed. last night he woke up hysterically and was up for over an hour. Right now, we do our usual bedtime routine and he will not go to bed and hes screaming in his crib. I brought him down already, laid with him and watched a show...he basically fell asleep and i just went to put him back in his crib and he started screaming crying again. He has never had an issue going to bed I have no idea where this came from. Anyone been through something like this?

Re: Sudden sleep issue

• jdilorenzojdilorenzo member
    edited December 2013
    I am. Last night MJ woke up at least every hour screaming. She normally wakes twice to fed and falls right back to sleep. Last night I fed her 5 times. (We were at my parents and I didn't want her to wake the entire house). She is EBF and also started this biting thing again. I think she has a few teeth coming in and they are hurting her. She has been walking for about two weeks so it's not like that is new. It might also be all the excitement from Christmas and all the gifts people kids and stuff. Hope it gets better for you!!!! We are home tonight so I am hoping it's better.
    Jenny DiLo
  • There's so much going on at this age, it could be anything really. Teething, learning to walk, wonder week, separation anxiety.... Take your pick. It sucks but (I think/hope) it'll pass. We're having issues too. Good luck. Just try to remember how hard it is for LO.
  • Loading the player...

• There's so much going on at this age, it could be anything really. Teething, learning to walk, wonder week, separation anxiety.... Take your pick. It sucks but (I think/hope) it'll pass. We're having issues too. Good luck. Just try to remember how hard it is for LO.
    thats the hardest part for me i HATE hearing him scream. and then I go in and hes so much better so I hate knowing I can calm him down but leaving him anyway. gut wrenching. He just now fell asleep, so that took about an hour which has never happened before i usually put him down after his bottle awake and he puts himself to sleep.
  • DD is going through a wakeful period too. She's got a lot going on with teething, climbing, walking and saying her first real words so I figure that's what it must be. It still sucks. I got NO sleep last night and I'm used to hardly any sleep. You're not alone. DD isn't crying really but she just cannot sleep unless he has the boob so if it falls out she fusses until I put it back in. The paci does not help. She knows the difference and will spit it out. So I am on my side all night and can't move. Different, but still not fun. I am consoled by the fact that it is only temporary.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've been having a rough patch, here. He wakes up crying from almost every sleep, except his first morning nap. He has been waking up in the MOTN crying, and even if he wakes up and is chatty, he starts crying because he gets bored and wants someone to come in to him. The MOTN wake ups last 60-90 minutes. And it generally doesn't affect his ass crack of dawn wake up time, either. So it's not like he makes up for it by sleeping in a little. I am blaming 1 yr. molars and walking.
  • Your not alone DD has was a nightmare last night. Lets just say I'm currently reading this while holding her in the rocking chair haven't been able to put her down

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"