July 2012 Moms
Options

anyone still BFing?

I am to the point I'm ready to wean, but avery isn't even close. She still nurses to sleep for naps and bed. She also still nurses at night.

How is everyone else doing?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: anyone still BFing?

• Options
    APendolaAPendola member
    edited December 2013
    Yes still nursing.
    DD as had 10 teeth come in the last two months and wants to nurse whenever she is with me.

I have loved nursing but I feel ready to wean now. Of course she is not ready though.

I am hoping to have her weaned by the time she is two.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • Options
    I don't know if Mira will ever initiate weaning lol. Normally when I work we nurse morning, I pump 1x/work, nurse 3-4 times during evening & MOTN.
    Since I'm home for Xmas she's nursing during the day and she only nursed once MOTN. I've gotten some negative comments from family/friends that have made me feel a little weird and uncomfortable for still nursing but I'm trying not to let it get to me. DH is supportive and has told me he's proud we've made it this far and he supports whatever I want. But at the same time I know he'd love for my sex drive to get better and I think decreasing nursing will help. I've been thinking about night weaning but since DH works nights I haven't done it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Here! Coop only nurses once a day or so, usually in the morning in bed. He will ask for boobies then roll over on his back - kinda like a cat. I'm ok with him still nursing, but H would eventually like to retain full boobie privileges again.
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    grimesk12 said:

I don't know if Mira will ever initiate weaning lol. Normally when I work we nurse morning, I pump 1x/work, nurse 3-4 times during evening & MOTN.
    Since I'm home for Xmas she's nursing during the day and she only nursed once MOTN. I've gotten some negative comments from family/friends that have made me feel a little weird and uncomfortable for still nursing but I'm trying not to let it get to me. DH is supportive and has told me he's proud we've made it this far and he supports whatever I want. But at the same time I know he'd love for my sex drive to get better and I think decreasing nursing will help. I've been thinking about night weaning but since DH works nights I haven't done it.

My DH also works nights (well scheduled to 2am, but usually later). I'm thinking of attempting to night wean when he gets a 4 day weekend and can help. I've tried the Jay Gordon method, but it isn't working. She cries more until I give in.
  • Options
    Still nursing here ... And 35w pregnant. I thought we would be down to 2x/day by now, especially since I'm now producing colostrum. But no, this boy wants to nurse all day. I'm getting lots of flak about the fact that I'll be nursing two, and lots of "can you even do that?" I don't pump for DS, and he's fine not having it when I'm not around, but if mom is nearby, he needs boob.

We did night wean four months ago, which has made all the difference. He's in his own room, and DH takes care of his one night-waking each night. We also did Jay Gordon, but it worked well for us.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We still nurse here. I mainly do AM and PM but am in the process of phasing out the AM session. LO is not so happy about it which has been hard on both of us. I do not know how I will wean completely as we use the PM session to put her down.
  • Options
    Still here. And 9 weeks pregnant. I am dealing with MAJOR discomfort especially pain on latching, but just as I was starting to try to cut down on sessions he is having major teething happening, and there's stomach bugs going all around and I just can't bring myself to make any changes. He acts like he needs it so desperately and my original plan before this pregnancy was reassess at 18 and 24 months and so we are still sticking with that. I don't even want to hear what my family and friends will think if we end up going tandem.
    MOTN is killing me though. I need to get on that once these teeth pop through.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had to wean DD#1 when I was pg with my J12 baby because it was so painful. Thankfully she was ready. Now I have pain for about a week right around O time. It sucks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"