Pregnant after IF
Options

My NT Was Annoying

I had my NT today at my MFM office. There was a bit of a struggle to get the correct measurements as baby was fast asleep for most of it. Then when baby woke up, it was all over the place and the US tech had a hard time getting what she needed. After about twenty minutes she gave me three pictures and told me nurse would be in for blood. Since she gave me no information at all (not even gestational age) I asked her if I get any information at all. Her response was, "Oh, everything looks normal but that means nothing until the blood work comes back." Really? Normal means nothing? *sigh*

With all we go through the word "normal" would make my day. I guess she does these so often that it's just another scan. So annoying.

The good news is that I got to see my LO and it's rather cute :)

Thanks for letting me vent.
IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: My NT Was Annoying

• Options
    I was really frustrated after mine too. After multiple ultrasounds with RE and ob where everything was explained and all questions answered, I found the tech to be really unhelpful. I know they can't say anything, but still. The nurse also scared the hell out of me by saying my account was flagged and she had to get approval from the state before giving me any information. Ugh.
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Did you see if your OB's office has online records? I found out that I have MyChart online and I get an email when it's updated so I can go online and see everything with out having to wait for a DR.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would have been annoyed too. I'm glad everything looks normal so far though!

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    That's a bummer! Mine was today and my tech was great! The baby didn't cooperate well and kept going to a position that was not helpful for the u/s. I had to cough and jiggle, lay on my right side, partially empt my bladder, then partially empty it again (thank goodness I've been doing my Kegels!)

In addition to the kid being uncooperative, my service dog in training was a bit antsy as well. He did a 2 hour doctors appt yesterday and didn't want to do it again today.

Even with all that the tech was great. I had done my blood work a couple weeks ago, so I got all my prelim risk factors today.
  • Options
    Well that sucks. Normal means everything. Geesh. Glad you got to see your LO though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I remember after my nt scan they said...looks good. And then when we got the blood results they gave us chances of an issue but just the measurement alone gave us favorable odds, the blood results just gave us less chance of a problem, if that makes sense!

Me:34 PCOS, one kinked tube, low thyroid.
    DH:39 lower than average count.
    Married 2006. 3 failed IUIs and countless BFNs.
    ~IVF#1: July 2012~
    7/10 Retrieval: 16r, 14f w/ICSI. 7/15 ET: Transfered 2. 4 frosties.< Poas faint+ 4dp5dt.>
    Beta#1 (8dp5dt): 138. Beta#2 (10dp5dt): 355.
    u/s#1: (19dp5dt) 8/3/12 one sac, two yolks! Beta 8,000
    u/s#2: two strong heartbeats! EDD 4/2/12
    Boy/girl fraternal mono/di twins-- lost our sweet baby girl at 22 weeks due to SIUGR
    Preterm labor at 23 weeks 4 days, lost our sweet baby boy.
  • Options
    You may have to wait until MFM sends the results to your OB. That's pretty much what mine does.  The tech only gives some minor comment at u/s, like what the measurement of the head is (not that I know what is normal).  I usally just ask, "is that big?"  and she says yes it's on the larger side.  But that's all the info given.  I bet you will get a full rundown of results at your next OB checkup.  Hang in there!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks girls. Just had to vent that out there.

BTW- Sorry I posted and ran. . . we had to go out of town for a family Christams.

@imoverit I agree. Normal means everything. I've been to the MFM office before with DD and know that she can tell me what the measurements are and such. I'm slowly getting over my annoyance :)
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"