3rd Trimester
Options

Spotting after sex.....

Ok so I'm 2 and a half months from my due date and my husband and I just got done having sex, we didn't do anything different or go any harder.... Sorry for the tmi. But when I got off of him I was bleeding/spotting. It was enough to show up on the sheets. I'm going to call my doctor, but: Should I be worried? Has this happened to anybody else and what did the doctor say?

Re: Spotting after sex.....

• Options
    A little spotting is ok, but if it an equivalent flow to your period and bright red, I would get seen.  
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This also happened to me during the second trimester. There was a fair amount of blood too, and it wasn't brown, but rather quite bright red! We were petrified and haven't had sex since (ughh) but after an emergency visit to the midwives we were assured that it's totally normal. I wish I'd known that! I'd experienced absolutely NO bleeding during pregnancy up until this point, so it was quite the shock.

PP is right, it's because your cervix is so sensitive and covered in tiny blood vessels that can easily rupture. They so explained that it's the same idea as how sensitive our gums are (I bleed like crazy when I floss) and its also due in part to our increased blood volume during pregnancy, which doubles!
    I really wouldn't worry-- at least not from my personal experience, so long as there is no cramping or contractions accompanying the spotting. Truly.
    If its still bad after 24-36 hrs then it's worth a visit, but otherwise you're fine ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd wait and see if it goes away or subsides. I had a month or two when I would spot every time we had sex, but it would go away within a day.

A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Options
    Well I got seen. They where worried cause I started having mild contractions. But things got better and they sent me home. So everything is good now. :) Thanks everybody. That was the first time i have had bleeding at all. I didn't have any with my first so I freaked out.
  • Options
    Well I got seen. They where worried cause I started having mild contractions. But things got better and they sent me home. So everything is good now. :) Thanks everybody. That was the first time i have had bleeding at all. I didn't have any with my first so I freaked out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"