September 2012 Moms

nursery design.....come help me

Who wants to give input/help me design LO#2s nursery?  We are on team green and want to make sure the room isn't too boyish/girlish.  I have already purchased the small yellow bookshelf and the walls are currently a sunshine yellow (they can be changed a different color).Here is what I have in my mind so far:

Re: nursery design.....come help me

• I feel like adding in a navy makes it more masculine. Yellow, cream, teal and some grey mixed in would be a great unisex color scheme. I had pinned this nursery when I was pregnant with Audrey, it's awesome and similar colors, and she was team green too.
    https://projectnursery.com/projects/baby-ds-gender-neutral-nursery/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree the navy is more masculine. This will be our second TG nursery. We put it everything gender neutral and add the pink/blue after birth. We are going with yellow walls thus time. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I have a customer who just ordered bedding in this color scheme for their little one--they're adopting and don't know if they'll be getting a lady baby or a boy  baby. In general I think the navy makes it masculine, but the prints that she chose work either way I think. Here are the fabrics she chose, if you were set on keeping the navy.

• I like navy for a girl. I think what you have looks great!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • I kept thinking that my colors leaned more towards boy room than girl room.  I really like the yellow but am not sure whether I want it to be a main color or accent color.  I loooove this nursery. I am also crazy over the striped accent wall in the bottom photo, although I feel like it might be too girlie. 
    Love the curtains and the Ikea chair...
    rainbow stripes

• edited December 2013
    jenmbott said:

I kept thinking that my colors leaned more towards boy room than girl room.  I really like the yellow but am not sure whether I want it to be a main color or accent color.  I loooove this nursery. I am also crazy over the striped accent wall in the bottom photo, although I feel like it might be too girlie. 

rainbow stripes

Love that nursery! And I think if you switched out the pink in that wall it wouldn't be to girly, but I do agree that it's girly because it has so much pink in it. Maybe do a teal, gray and yellow stripe with different shades of teal instead of different shades of pink?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We weren't team green but we did gray/ yellow with white accents. Added tiny bits of pink last minute. I am obsessed with gray/yellow

"I will show you the kind of big sister I will be..."
  • jenmbott said:

I kept thinking that my colors leaned more towards boy room than girl room.  I really like the yellow but am not sure whether I want it to be a main color or accent color.  I loooove this nursery. I am also crazy over the striped accent wall in the bottom photo, although I feel like it might be too girlie. 

rainbow stripes
    Maybe your brain is trying to tell you something--that you're carrying a boy?! We weren't true team green w jasper, but waited until our baby shower (33 weeks) to find out. In hindsight, I think I knew he was a he-- I had picked light blue for the nursery, and the clothes and blankets I had bought were boyish.

Either way I love both of your example rooms!

• @mnkate do you have pics of your nursery?  @jessk86 I am leaning more towards boy than girl this time.  But last pregnancy I thought for sure LO was a boy and at our a/s scan we were told the babe was a she!  

• I love your original pics! Connors nursery is gray and yellow, so I'm preferential :) I really like the navy though and I agree with PPs that it can go either boy or girl depending on decor and prints.

• I like what you chose up top for either sex also. I think if you were to have a girl, choose some pink or purple and do tie backs, pillows, prints, etc. to update the look to make it girlier. 

I chose green walls, yellow curtains, white furniture, and brightly colored bedding before I knew I was having a girl. I added some purple tie backs, pink & purple bins for her shelf, and changed her closet door out for a white ruffley curtain to make more room for our glider. For #2, when and if that happens, if I have a boy, I would just change the closet curtain, the tie backs to a navy, and update the bins on the shelf. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • I love the Navy and Yellow. And then once LO arrives, I would add either baby pink and/or magenta for a girl or baby blue and/or teal for a boy. 

I love that striped wall too. If you stick with the top 3 colours, it is totally neutral. 
  • I don't think the navy is too masculine at all! I love what you have pinned. I think if it's a girl adding some coral to the colors you've pinned would be so cute!! If it's a boy, what you already have is perfect!

You team greeners... I have patience issues.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"