August 2013 Moms

Sunday Victories

Ok ladies, it's technically Sunday. What did you accomplish this holiday week?

Baby-related: we survived 6 days of constipation and he finally popped on Christmas! (During dinner, while seated on my knee. Thanks baby)

NBR: I GOT WORK!!!!! Finally found a freelance assignment that'll keep us outta the poorhouse, woohoo!
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sunday Victories

• I made it one whole week without fighting with the ILs. Don't think I'll be able to say the same for next week (hi guys. I know you're lurking :-h ).

At least LO's first Christmas wasn't ruined.

• We seem to be finally getting to the end of our sleep regression.  I hope we go back to waking once to nurse and that is it.  I need more sleep and soon.

I made new friends and have really started stepping out and saying stuff around here. It feels good not to be so unknown.

Picture the Moment Photography: Liam &emdash; 938A7372-Edit       

• Loading the player...
  • We also made it through five days without a bowel movement! At least he wasn't uncomfortable or in pain.
  • We survived the holidays. She did surprisingly well for not getting very many naps in and getting to bed later than usually.
  • LO survived her first hotel room trip....we had her snuggle nest but really should have tried harder to get her co sleeper folded and brought. I got very little sleep

• Add me to the "haven't killed anyone" pile. I am soooo sick of the ILs and the holiday hangover that DS1 can't seem to get over. They want us to come over New Year's Day too and I'm thinking about sending DH and staying home "sick".
    I did get a ton of laundry done yesterday while they were sitting on my couch staring at the TV.
             image         image
  • Lorjo2022 said:

We also made it through five days without a bowel movement! At least he wasn't uncomfortable or in pain.

What's with the holidays & constipation?!? DS was uncomfortable and we were due to have the doc check it out the next day. Now again he hadn't gone since but at least this time he's feeling ok.

Glad we won't have to bail any bumpies out of jail for murder and that all the LOs have had great holidays!
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

• Victories... Hmm...well... I agreed to take LO to MILs house on Christmas Day even though we didn't know what condition the house would be in (she's the one who smokes inside, hoards, and doesn't clean). The house was actually in good shape from what I've seen before. I thought I did good for the family by taking her over there. We walked into her house... And she didn't even greet me. Bitch.
    Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms
  • We survived a city wide blackout, 4 month shots, a cold and his sleep regression, all this during the holidays.

What I didn't accomplish; dishes, laundry, sweeping, you get the point. On the to do list for this week.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lorjo2022Lorjo2022 member
    edited December 2013

Lorjo2022 said:

We also made it through five days without a bowel movement! At least he wasn't uncomfortable or in pain.

What's with the holidays & constipation?!? DS was uncomfortable and we were due to have the doc check it out the next day. Now again he hadn't gone since but at least this time he's feeling ok.

I'm not sure, but hopefully it comes to an end soon! He was going every other day so for him to go 5 without had me worried! I know it's normal but I could just imagine how I'd feel if I went that long without going!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"