April 2013 Moms

Please please please give me your 2 cents

Long story short I have an idiot uncle who drenched literally drenched his bedroom in rubbing alcohol. His whole house smells like this like throat burning,suffocating type of deal. We are staying over with the baby. I am freaking out my baby is sleep and breathing this. I should go to a hotel shouldn't I? We opened windows and are airing the house out now but I am scared for my LO. Google is no help :(

Re: Please please please give me your 2 cents

• I would get a hotel room- especially since you are pregnant too... just in case. Why risk anything, ya know?! That's just my 2 cents. :-)

And dare I ask why his bedroom is drenched in rubbing alcohol?? :-?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would - if for no other reason than we would both sleep better not being under the same roof as someone who is crazy. ;) 

But really, if you're freaking out about it - I would just do it.  Priceline and see if you can get something super cheap. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Bed bugs seem to be a thing in Texas but we had no idea when we got invited over. He has a nice little house by the beach. Well we go out and he reads online rubbing alcohol kills them so he decides to pour around 50 bottles of it all over his room. And yea we are getting out stuff together this is ridiculous. I am so mad at him right now! It is so late agh!
  • WTH?! Good grief. Hope you have a restful, less caustic night at the hotel!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • knitfaced said:

I would get a hotel room- especially since you are pregnant too... just in case. Why risk anything, ya know?! That's just my 2 cents. :-)

And dare I ask why his bedroom is drenched in rubbing alcohol?? :-?

This!
    I third this! If the house has not aired out yet def stay at a hotel especially since you are pregnant and for the safety of Jasmine.
    Anniversary
  • For the love of pete, not bed bugs!!! You poor thing, RUN!
    imageimageimage
  • I hope you got to a hotel! That sounds awful. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• Sol1790 said:
    Bed bugs seem to be a thing in Texas but we had no idea when we got invited over. He has a nice little house by the beach. Well we go out and he reads online rubbing alcohol kills them so he decides to pour around 50 bottles of it all over his room. And yea we are getting out stuff together this is ridiculous. I am so mad at him right now! It is so late agh!
    OMG I would NOT stay anywhere with bed bugs... they're nearly impossible to get rid of! I would seriously throw away all of your stuff if it has been exposed. Once you get them in your house, you're in big trouble. at least thoroughly sterilize everything.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Yeah, who cares about the rubbing alcohol - I'd leave just because of the bugs.  You get one of those damn things in your stuff and you'll be back to square 1.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"