Late Term and Child Loss

Curious!

For Christmas Eve I hosted dinner at my house. I lite my son's candle and places it on the table and put his urn next to it. I wanted to have him there with everyone and I wanted to feel like he was apart of it and I wanted him to feel like apart of it too. I also bought an ornament for my little monster!

I was just wondering if/how any of you ladies involved your angels during Christmas!

Re: Curious!

• Sorry for the double picture... On an iPhone. :-/

• We have a couple ornaments for Colton - one I had made with his footprints, name, and birthdate. The other was a little blue elephant that said baby's first Christmas 2013. His nursery was decorated with elephants in blue, yellow, and gray. We also gave framed prints to our parents and siblings with the quote "when someone we love is in heaven, there is a little bit of heaven in our home." Along with his name and birthdate.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • We hung and stuffed Brooke's stocking with baby books, candy and letters we wrote to her. I read the book and letters to her yesterday, we also did a balloon release for her. We have a few ornaments on the tree for Brooke and DH made her something that has her name on it out of wood.

It wasn't quite as I hoped it would be but nothing ever will be anymore without her here. I miss her so much. Brooke will always be carried into our future.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• schulme2schulme2 member
    edited December 2013
    I made ornaments with her footprints on them for her grandparents and aunts/uncles. They loved them! We also stuffed her stocking and released paper lanterns for her Christmas night!
  • The hospital that I delivered at holds a night of remembrance each year the Friday before thanksgiving. Each year they give e parents an ornament that they write their child's name on and then during the ceremony they read each child's name for the family to come up and hang on a tree. When each child's ornament is in the tree they light the tree. At the end the families take the ornaments home with them. We hung this year's ornament at the top of our tree with the ornament we had bought for him last year. Two sweet little angels. Otherwise we tried to focus on making our rainbow baby's first Christmas wonderful. I still thought about my little man, but I had to give my daughter the holiday she deserved.

• The hospital that I delivered at holds a night of remembrance each year the Friday before thanksgiving. Each year they give e parents an ornament that they write their child's name on and then during the ceremony they read each child's name for the family to come up and hang on a tree. When each child's ornament is in the tree they light the tree. At the end the families take the ornaments home with them. We hung this year's ornament at the top of our tree with the ornament we had bought for him last year. Two sweet little angels. Otherwise we tried to focus on making our rainbow baby's first Christmas wonderful. I still thought about my little man, but I had to give my daughter the holiday she deserved.

This is beautiful!!! How amazing

• ~~Siggy Warning~~

Oh, I love reading what you all did - so very thoughtful!

My SIL and our pastor gave us ornaments with the babies' names on them and my parents made a donation to a grief non-profit (where we've gone for counseling/support).  We put a wreath on their tree down at my parents' house.  For Christmas day, I made special candles with ribbon and their initials on them that we lit before we started opening presents and left it lit all day long.  I put stockings up/out for them, but didn't buy anything to put in the stockings.

We have a tradition with my stepson (that my parents did with my siblings and I) that the night we decorate the tree, we get a new ornament, so the triplets will also get a new ornament every year.

~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love what everyone did! We gave our family an ornament with her picture in it. I know this is off the wall kinda remembrance, but we found some sort of comfort/sadness in it. Nana had a miniature pony on the way when I was pregnant with Arianna. We nick named Arianna "gator bait" because she was going to have lots of surgery scars on her belly and we were going to say daddy used her as gator bait (weird but it was a family joke when we were pregnant with her). So when we found out we were getting her pony still after her passing we were going to name the pony gator bait.
    Unfortunately the pony died during labor and the pony couldn't be saved... made us cry a lot this last week. He died two days before Christmas. Nana and I said that Arianna was my little cowgirl and got her Christmas present up in heaven. 

Julius Justin - 11/07/2002 - 10 lbs 22 in 
    Isabella Genavieve - 02/03/05 - 7 lbs 11 oz 22 in 
    Arianna Kaitlynn - 04/10/2013 - 4 lbs 15 oz 15 in

BFP 08/10/13 
    TWINS!!!! 09/01/13
    Miscarriage at 12 weeks lost baby B 
    Arianna diagnosed with an Ompalocele at 13 weeks
    Arianna our Angel on 04/10/13 
    BFP 07/20/13
    Our Rainbow due 03/18/14 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimage
  • We have an ornament for Coraline. 

I didn't do stockings because or presents.  I know a lot do, but the idea of an empty stocking or an unplayed with toy makes me more sad than anything.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ticker warning

We bought new stockings this year (our old ones were crappy dollar store) and we got one for our angel as well.  She also has a few ornaments on the tree for her, some we bought since the loss, and some were while we were still pregnant with her.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• @mingaling2 - I had had a similar thought about buying toys and then donating them, but am really glad we didn't. Maybe in the future, but for this year, it would have been too difficult to see toys under the tree that should have been for Colton.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • I wrapped a book with a stuffed animal. My husband and I visited our baby in the cemetery on Christmas day and opened the gift then we read him the book. I thought my husband would think it was silly to get our baby a gift but he actually liked it. I'm glad to hear what others did. I might do the same next year.
  • We have several ornaments on our tree for N; one we purchased and several others given as gifts. His urn is on our mantle; we don't move it when we hang our stockings- we leave him right at the heart of it all. His urn is a vase so I buy a pretty Christmas arrangement for it. We burned his candle all day long on Christmas.

We also hang an ornament on our local hospice's tree of life for him and make a donation. We buy toys for a boy his age and donate them. And this year, I had little cards made up that say "This random act of kindness was performed in loving memory of our son Nathaniel John; Merry Christmas and a Blessed 2014". I anonymously bought a couple their coffees and had the cashier hand them this card.

This is our third Christmas since he died so we've had time to find new ways to incorporate him.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ***SIGGY***

I gave my parents an ornament matching the memorial one we received last year from some friends; that was the first ornament they hung this year, and it was in the center of the tree. They loved it. I bought our family new stockings this year and am going to buy a small, special one for Devon to hang with our stockings.

We decided to also get an angel from the local angel tree and use money we would have spent on Devon's gifts towards gifts for the angel. I didn't have a lot of time to shop this year and just got a gift card, but we will make it a tradition next year to get an actual angel and go shopping for that child as a family. I'm looking forward to it.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have several ornaments on our tree for N; one we purchased and several others given as gifts. His urn is on our mantle; we don't move it when we hang our stockings- we leave him right at the heart of it all. His urn is a vase so I buy a pretty Christmas arrangement for it. We burned his candle all day long on Christmas.

We also hang an ornament on our local hospice's tree of life for him and make a donation. We buy toys for a boy his age and donate them. And this year, I had little cards made up that say "This random act of kindness was performed in loving memory of our son Nathaniel John; Merry Christmas and a Blessed 2014". I anonymously bought a couple their coffees and had the cashier hand them this card.

This is our third Christmas since he died so we've had time to find new ways to incorporate him.

I love your cards and random acts of kindness! I think I want to do that with Domenik next year or even all year around! That is so very sweet!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"