Secondary IF

Chart stalk, initial blood test question, and a side of rambling.

I'm confused this cycle. Last cycle was a perfect 28 days with O on 16. I really hoped it would continue this cycle since it would be my second complete cycle having weaned from breastfeeding. I was hopeful at first by the look of my chart, that I did O on cd16 again. However, I never got a positive OPK. I thought maybe I missed my surge, but then my temps did not remain so encouraging. 

I took a wondfo OPK yesterday afternoon and it seemed positive, then I tried to confirm it with a smiley and it was negative. We HIO anyway, but still no temp rise this morning. Anyway, I'm supposed to get a blood test done for hormone testing. When I told my doctor that my cycles are usually 28-32 days, he said to get it done between cd20-22. Then a nurse at the office said to go 7DPO, which is what I understand to be the most accurate. So, my question is, does anyone think that I actually did O on 16 and should go get the blood test Tomorrow (It would only be 6dpo, but the labs are closed on the weekend) Should I wait to see if my temps go up tomorrow? My OPK is negative again as of late last night, so I feel like it should have risen today, but it did not. If I didn't O on cd16, can the blood test still give any good information?  I have not had any anovulatory cycles, though when I actually O varies between CD16-22.  I had one cycle that I didn't O until 29, but that was the same cycle I stopped breastfeeding so I just chalked it up to that.  

My chart is the MyBFP chart in my siggy.  Sorry for the lack of name change.  Is from when I was pregnant with my daughter, but does link to my current chart.  I just don't know when to get this testing done.  Last cycle they tried sticking me 5 times, and couldn't get it and Ive had to wait till this cycle.  I'll be so disappointed if I can't pinpoint the right day to go this time and have to wait again.  Potatoes.  
href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

Re: Chart stalk, initial blood test question, and a side of rambling.

• No, I'm not convinced you've Oed at all this cycle, so I would definitely skip the testing for now. Did you quit OPKs this month? 

If your temp for today was higher, I would have said it looked like O happened on CD16, but because you've had low temps for the past 2 days, I'm thinking you need to start back up with your OPKs for a few days. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I skipped OPKs for a couple days after day 16 since I thought I O'd (you'd think I'd have learned by now, but I thought I was out of wondfo's until I found more, and didnt want to waste expensive digitals). I didn't record all of them, but all were negative until my positive one yesterday afternoon. I guess I'll just keep trying to take them, until I see something definite. Grrr.

• Loading the player...
  • NYGirl02 said:
    I skipped OPKs for a couple days after day 16 since I thought I O'd (you'd think I'd have learned by now, but I thought I was out of wondfo's until I found more, and didnt want to waste expensive digitals). I didn't record all of them, but all were negative until my positive one yesterday afternoon. I guess I'll just keep trying to take them, until I see something definite. Grrr.
    Ok I think I read over this part the first time lol. That makes sense, you're probably in the process of Oing now. Did they just give you a slip for the B/W or did you have to make an appt? I would plan to get the testing done sometime next week, *if* your temp goes up tomorrow, then you can plan to go on Jan 2. 

What is the reason for testing your progesterone if you're having normal LPs? Have you already done CD3 b/w? 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't need an appointment for bloodwork. I just take in the paper. The things checked on my orders are fsh, LH, progesterone, prolactin, and tsh. I haven't done any testing yet. OB just said this is where they will start. Find out my levels and go from there. Is that normal?

• NYGirl02 said:
    I don't need an appointment for bloodwork. I just take in the paper. The things checked on my orders are fsh, LH, progesterone, prolactin, and tsh. I haven't done any testing yet. OB just said this is where they will start. Find out my levels and go from there. Is that normal?
    Errr! Sorry girl, I honestly do not remember. I want to say FSH was beg. cycle? LH/Progesterone are end cycle. I *think* prolactin and TSH are any time?? I did it all a hundred years ago, so don't take any of this to heart. I just remember the progesterone being at the end of the cycle, and my RE and OB going on about how pointless the testing is anyway  8-}

The good thing is, you can go whenever, so you have time to figure out this cycle a little better :) 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't have a lot to add but think that today could be a strong possibility of O. I'll be checking for a temp spike tomorrow.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• From my experience, the RE did FSH and LH on CD3.  TSH and Prolactin can be done anytime.  Progesterone CD21 or 7DPO.  So really the only one that you are trying to time at this point is Progesterone.
    Good Luck!
  • You all were right! Nice, dramatic rise three days ago and O confirmed today. I'll go get the bloodwork Friday the 3rd. Thanks for all the insight!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"