C-sections

How long will you have help at home for after delivery?

I'm having my 3rd c/s Jan 28th.  It will be my last, I'm having a tubal.  DH will be home for 2 weeks, then I'm on my own with 3 kids when he goes back to work.  I'm not so much worried about being at home with the kids, but I have to drive DS to and from school everyday.  It's not far, about 10 minutes, but I still remember being uncomfortable at that point in my recovery with #2.  DH can't take any more time off, and there's no one else that can help me.

How much help will you have or how much time is DH taking off work?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How long will you have help at home for after delivery?

• I had a CS and a tubal in October. After 2 weeks, I was driving my DS home from school and doing most normal activities. I was sore and tired.

• Almost exactly the same as you. DH will be off the first week- teleworking the second week. Our older 2 will hopefully be staying out of the house with the grands the second week so my plan is to really just stay in bed/recliner and nurse and take my pain pills and sleep so hopefully I will be ready for carpool at 2 weeks. If I'm not, my MIL or mom would probably come stay a few more days but that's a maybe. With my first 2, they came and stayed with me for 2 weeks after we came home from the hospital but I'd rather them keep the kids this time out of the house so I'm not tempted to overdo it!

• Loading the player...
  • Would it be possible for you to get a mothers helper to help you for at least 2 weeks after your husband goes back to work? I would think after a month things would be a lot better. I always worry about overdoing and having issues with healing/recovery.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is my 3rd C/S no tubal though, and I have my husband home for 3 weeks, then his mom is just across the street if I need help... And then my SIL will be coming for 1 week in January and my mom the following 2 weeks in January. I'm not too worried since I will have the help, but getting 3 kids anywhere is a task! I'm not sure if i'll ever feel ready for outings by myself with 3! I've also recruited my FIL to take my son to school on his way to work when Christmas break is over, to avoid having to load my 2u2 & 5yr old in the car in our lovely -15 & -20 degree weather!
  • I had my third CS in November and drove my older ones to school 12 days later. The hardest part was coordinating BF the baby with getting the others fed, dressed and off to school. I now know to quickly prepare breakfast for the older kids (6 & 3) and make sure their clothes are out so from there I can just give them directions while I feed the baby. My 6 year old can get dropped right at the entrance to his school without me getting out but my three year old has to be walked inside and gets dropped off first so it's load the car, everyone out at her school, put the others back in then off to the next school.
  • I've been so spoiled. I had my csection 11/18, and my husband goes back to work 12/26. It's been so great having his help.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • Im having my 2nd on the 2nd, ny husband can only take off 2 or 3 days. My mom is coming up for a week. My MIL will come the following week if I need her, but I'm sure I'll be ready to pull my hair out by then.
  • I think DH will be home 2 weeks, depending on how much vacation time he has saved up. I'm not going to attempt to drive though.
  • My husband will have 10 days. I'm trying to convince my mom to come up but idk if that will end up working out. We're in AK all of our family is in NC.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"