LGBT Parenting

trigger happy?

would someone be so kind and peek at my chart so far this month? here's the background. usually (with the exception of a month or two), my temp dips the day before it peaks. I must O pretty quickly too because my +opk's are usually late afternoon that same day. last month was our first AI and we're sure we had a chemical pregnancy. that created a wonky AF and an early one at that.

so this month, I had the temp tip on day 12 and since we were helping my brother in law move all that day, I couldn't take an OPK until 5 pm. that one and one later that night were both negative. I was sure we missed the LH surge so DW checked out my cervix that night. it was wiiiide open and had a decent amount of good looking mucus despite my being dehydrated that day. so, we went with the cervix signs and we insemmed (IUI) on that night, technically day 13 at 12:30 am.

my temp didn't rise the next morning. I tortured myself by taking two more opk's that day, both were negative. my temp didn't rise the next morning after that either. i don't know what's going on! I'm terrified that we insemmed like, days too early. any wisdom would be so much appreciated. my chart for this month is below.
Me: 32  DW: 26 - married in october 2013!
TTC baby #1 at-home AIs with frozen donor sperm through cryobank, no meds

#1 early december 2013: 1 vial ICI/IVI at 8 hours past +OPK, likely a chemical loss at 9dpo
#2 late december 2013: 1 vial IUI, timing was way off, BFN
#3 took a month off and trying again mid-february... would love TWW buddies!

Re: trigger happy?

• A few questions - what is your usual cover line? Did FF pick an ovulation date for you last month? Also have you had a positive OPK thus cycle yet, or other secondary fertility signs (CM, cervical checks, etc.) ?

That said your temp seems lower now which could be promising if the other signs are lining up. I would recommend getting cheap OPKs like the Wondfos from Amazon and taking 1-3+ Tests a day when you expect a surge - I used 2 kinds of OPKs to make sure I was getting an accurate read. The strip tests are great because you can see you line getting darker & lighter to better predict the actual surge.
  • hi @jazibel! thank you for your reply. it seems you're my go-to expert!

my cover line is usually 97.2 but is anywhere between (97.1-97.3). I switched to FF this month from another app but entered all my previous data. I know I ovulated last month on CD14.

I never got a +OPK this month but I also stopped testing. I couldn't bring myself to switch from the smileys because I think I'd read too much into the brighter/lighter lines and the smiley was pretty safe (or so I thought).

I suck at doing the other types of monitoring so, no real other clues. just that DW said my cervix was wide open when we checked.

I'm just scared we jumped the gun... just hurry and wait I guess? we'll see what my temp does in the morning. hopefully not a peak!!!!!
    Me: 32  DW: 26 - married in october 2013!
    TTC baby #1 at-home AIs with frozen donor sperm through cryobank, no meds

#1 early december 2013: 1 vial ICI/IVI at 8 hours past +OPK, likely a chemical loss at 9dpo
    #2 late december 2013: 1 vial IUI, timing was way off, BFN
    #3 took a month off and trying again mid-february... would love TWW buddies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"