C-sections
Options

RCS date question

I set my RCS date today! Whoop! I'm due April 11 and we plan to go on April 4. So, my question to you ladies is about sharing this date. I feel like it's very private. I'm telling close family and a couple girlfriends but mostly keeping it on a need to know basis.

Is it unreasonable or normal that I'm telling our mothers not to tell anyone when it is? I don't know why exactly, but I just hate the idea of everyone knowing when I'm planning to deliver! Did you or will you share your RCS date?
BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: RCS date question

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    My hospital doesn't put them on the schedule until I reached 34 weeks. If people asked I told them but I didn't post on Facebook or anything like that. My first 2 went early before my scheduled days anyway but I made it to the date with my third. I don't see it as different then sharing a due date but do what you are comfortable with.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've shared our date, I really don't see what the big deal is.  Things can change and you could go earlier.  I don't understand why it would be a secret.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We shared it. Don't see why you wouldn't? It shuts up all the stupid comments like "oh the week before is MY birthday- you could have her then!"

• Options
    My doc wanted to wait until 36 weeks to the day. We did & I told my parents and close friends.

It's completely up to you & your choice who you tell & don't tell. No worries. 
  • Options
    i have both told and not told anyone but the very closest who were babysitting the other kids. I like better not telling. when we told i felt like everyone was waiting for news and that though made me a little un easy. This time we will not tell
  • Options
    We shared. I am not sure why you'd keep it a secret.
  • Options
    I told everyone who needed to know. If strangers ask my due date, I give them the rcs date.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! It's not that it's a big deal or a secret, it just makes me uncomfortable to think of everyone knowing when I'm going in! I don't know why - kind of like when I was in labour, it was personal.
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Last time I kept it a secret because MIL went nuts and possessive at the idea of having a grandchild. She planned to show up at the hospital even though we said repeatedly we wanted this to be a private moment for DH and I. So we told everyone after the baby was born.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"