October 2012 Moms

whiny, crybaby, FWP vent.

This whole day is freaking gone to shit.  Husband woke up with a headache.  Girl woke up 45 minutes before she usually does.  Naptime was an absolute fiasco of a failure.  Over an hour of screaming followed by 20 minutes of sleeping.  Husband was asleep for the first hour of the screaming.  My sister is bringing her boys here to the house so I can install Alice's car seat in her car since she is babysitting while we go see this show today.  Except she's going to be 15 minutes late.  Which means we won't leave until 30 minutes before show starts.  We have to go downtown, find parking, then walk to the Performing Arts Center.  (PAC)  My other sister is supposed to meet us there.  She's always late, too.  So lord knows if we will even get in before they shut the doors.  

I was raised that you do not wear jeans to the PAC.  It's a nice place, even when you go to a matinee.  It's where the orchestra and ballet is done, etc.  So what are most of my group wearing?  Jeans.  After listening to Alice scream for an hour, I don't even freaking care.  Except I do.  I specifically asked everyone to not wear jeans.  Khakis, dress pants, cords, whatever.  Just not jeans.  It's minor, I know.  But still.  

Now Alice is hungry, but we don't have time to sit her down for lunch.  So she's going to snack and, you know, not want lunch.  Fuck this whole fucking day.  I don't even want to go anymore.  Obviously it is never going to be possible for me to leave the fucking disaster of a house again.  I fucking quit.

Yes, I know this is immature and ridiculous in the long run.  It has no meaning on any part of my actual life.  I don't care.  I'm pissed anyway.  I could absolutely cry.  Just hide in my room and cry.  

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: whiny, crybaby, FWP vent.

• Sorry the day started out rocky. I think we all have those moments where everything just sucks. I'm so happy to hear you made it to the show. Have a drink and relax. Enjoy yourself, you deserve it!!

• Loading the player...
  • Everyone did look very nice.  Jeans were accompanied by very nice button down shirts and/or nice layered sweaters.  And I wasn't necessarily "dressed up" exactly.  I was wearing mid-calf Chuck Taylor boots. LOL  But I was in a dress, dammit! 

After the show, we hit the Starbucks and giggled and chatted.  It really was a fabulous time.  And now we have my 7 year old niece spending the night with us.  We're putting her to work making chocolate chip cookies.  Child labor laws? ;)

Oct Angel Babies
  • As long as you feed her a portion of the finished product, I think it's considered legal. Right? ;)

• Unfortunately they accidentally quadrupled the sugar, but doubled the rest of the ingredients. Oops. Baking them didnt work out so well. So I have a double batch of cookie dough in my fridge for me to eat. Oh darn.

Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"