Babies: 9 - 12 Months

9 month old sleep issues

DD is generally a good sleeper.

She started STTN for 10+ hours at 3 weeks old and continued to until 6 months old.

Ever since she hit 6 months old, we have hit and miss months. She will be an awesome sleeper for a month, then the next it's not so good. Sometimes she will get up 4 to 6 times a night when were on a bad streak. Then the next month will be better again, and so on.

DD will be 9 months in 4 days, and just tonight, it took me an hour to get her back to sleep, where she normally falls right back asleep after nursing. She doesn't seem at all tired.

She sits up talking to herself and playing. It's like she isn't tired after her initial 4 to 5 hours of sleep.

Nothing in our routine or eating has changed. I know wonder weeks are a big thing, but I find it inaccurate for us. When it says she is having a bad period she is great and vice versa.

Teething? Maybe, but I don't think it is.

Any ideas?
Me: 30 | DH:34
Married: 08/04/12
DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

Re: 9 month old sleep issues

• DD has been getting me a rough time at night for about a week now!  I feel like she is a newborn again!!  Up every 2 hours, she nurses for a few minutes and just sits up like she's done and let me put her in her crib but up again 2 hours later!  I'm guessing it's just a phase and will pass.  Fingers crossed it does by Christmas!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • jannv11 said:

DD has been getting me a rough time at night for about a week now!  I feel like she is a newborn again!!  Up every 2 hours, she nurses for a few minutes and just sits up like she's done and let me put her in her crib but up again 2 hours later!  I'm guessing it's just a phase and will pass.  Fingers crossed it does by Christmas!

I hope it's just a phase! Every night she won't go to bed now. She passes out at 9:30 pm then wakes up at11:00 or 12:00, and won't go to bed for an hour or two. I sing to her, rock her, cuddle her, nurse her, and even let her cry a little alone while checking in on her, but NOTHING works. It's like she is not tired and is being forced to.

Weirdest thing!

• Loading the player...
  • The only other thing I can think of, especially if nothing else in your day has changed and she is waking up happy and not uncomfortable, is that maybe her nap schedule needs to be adjusted? If she's getting too much daytime sleep, or if her last nap of the day is too late, it might be messing up her night time sleep. You could try dropping a nap or putting her down earlier for her last nap of the day and see if that makes a difference.

• i think she's just relying on you to fall asleep, and she has never really mastered it. I think she may have to learn that for the unnecessary wakings to stop. If you continue to intervene by rocking, nursing, or whatever else until she falls asleep, she will never know how to just fall asleep on her own. I'm not saying let her CIO, I don't believe in that, but there are many other options, GL
  • HML5382 said:
    The only other thing I can think of, especially if nothing else in your day has changed and she is waking up happy and not uncomfortable, is that maybe her nap schedule needs to be adjusted? If she's getting too much daytime sleep, or if her last nap of the day is too late, it might be messing up her night time sleep. You could try dropping a nap or putting her down earlier for her last nap of the day and see if that makes a difference.
    THIS WORKED! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"