3rd Trimester
Options

Engorged breast/ lactating before birth of baby

For about two days now I've had this swelling in my breast they become engorged and I have that feeling that the only way to relive it would be to nurse or pump. I did neither of the two. I'm currently pregnant and already having some lactation. With my first baby my milk didn't even come in until after I had him and even then it took a few a days. Could this be a sign of me possibly going into labor soon or is this normal? Has anyone else had this happen to them? In order to take away the feeling I've had to squeeze some of it out just to relieve my breast! Gahh someone else please share

Re: Engorged breast/ lactating before birth of baby

• Options
    I believe it's normal. It's happening to me, half the time I need to wear breast pads! My sister said it happened to her too. :) so no worries!
    imageimage

• Options
    It's normal. If your breasts hurt you can hand express a little bit. Don't go crazy.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Very normal!

Julius Justin - 11/07/2002 - 10 lbs 22 in 
    Isabella Genavieve - 02/03/05 - 7 lbs 11 oz 22 in 
    Arianna Kaitlynn - 04/10/2013 - 4 lbs 15 oz 15 in

BFP 08/10/13 
    TWINS!!!! 09/01/13
    Miscarriage at 12 weeks lost baby B 
    Arianna diagnosed with an Ompalocele at 13 weeks
    Arianna our Angel on 04/10/13 
    BFP 07/20/13
    Our Rainbow due 03/18/14 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip I only asked because with my first pregnancy I didn't experience any of it and I had to be induced at 41 weeks but so far it seems this baby will come on her own so I'm new to the spontaneity of the end stages of pregnancy
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip! :) I Definetly don't want to pump because it's te colostrum and that's like liquid gold for newborns. But I actually am hoping I make lots and lot of milk I produced a very good about with my first pregnancy I'm hoping this second one will go even better. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"