October 2012 Moms

wwyd?

chricastchricast member
edited December 2013 in October 2012 Moms
I loved my OB doctor for my first pregnancy he was amazing, everyone who was pregnant wanted him. My mom has now heard rumors surrounding the fact that he is getting a divorce and that his practice has grown too large for him to handle and he isn't as wonderful as he once was. With my first pregnancy I had to go to a doctor that delivered at the hospital I worked for (office and hospital were 45 minutes from my house). My mom thinks I should switch OBs to one closer to where I live and deliver at the hospital 10 minutes from me since I no longer work for that hospital.

Makes sense but I had a c section and kind of think the same doctor should do the surgery since he was in there once already. Anyway, thanks for sticking in there and reading would you girls switch doctors?
image                 image
Lilypie - (52Ft)

Re: wwyd?

• Also, if I did switch, I would switch to my moms doctor who I also know to be very good.
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• I def plan on having a repeat csection. The new hospital is probably better then the hospital I worked at. @stephcarter did you deliver Bailey at the Virtua Voorhees?
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Loading the player...
  • @chricast, I did deliver at the hospital in voorhees and loved it!! it was amazing. we got lucky and a bunch of babies were delivered around the same time as B and we ended up on the overflow floor. There were about 4 other babies on the same floor as us, and the nurses were amazing!! mt. holly is closer to me but that hospital is so much nicer and i was so happy to hear my doc delivered there. 

i go to cherry hill OBGYN (the mt. laurel office is across from the Aloft on 73) and kristen mccullen was nothing short of amazing. i had a scheduled c section and she was great! 

• Thanks @stephcarter. I think I might make an appointment with my mom's dr and see what she says.
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• @zeigeficker that's what I told my mom. I did have some complications last pregnancy though that required more frequent monitoring and appointments the last 2 months of pregnancy I had to drive back and forth 45 each way 2-3x a week for appointments and it sucked.
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• chricast said:
    @zeigeficker that's what I told my mom. I did have some complications last pregnancy though that required more frequent monitoring and appointments the last 2 months of pregnancy I had to drive back and forth 45 each way 2-3x a week for appointments and it sucked.

Ugh, I didn't realize your checkups and monitoring would be at that hospital too. That would definitely sway my decision...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I would switch, but I hate the idea of driving 45 minutes.  Besides, if there was an emergency and you had to go to the closer hospital you would already know people there.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't change doctors based on a rumor alone, but you could always go in for an appointment and see for yourself. You can always change docs later if you're not happy with the care you are getting. I actually changed docs at 30 weeks with this pregnancy because I was sick and tired of waiting 2 hours for every appointment with a squirmy toddler. Even though I don't know my new doctor nearly as well as the old one, I'm much happier with a practice that values my time (and I actually like my new doctor much more!).

If the only thing that is keeping you with your previous OB/GYN is the fact that they did your c-section before, I would probably switch if I were in your shoes. You should have medical records that document anything that a surgeon would need to know if you need another c-section for this pregnancy, and honestly I doubt that a doctor really remembers all the details of your previous delivery with so many other patients. But do what makes you comfortable, and you have plenty of time to figure that out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"