Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

First pregnancy, first loss

I have to say thebump.com is the best thing I have come across in... ever. I found this forum last week when I first found out I was pregnant. About 5 weeks along. My husband and I started TTC in October, and I have been obsessed with POAS. When I actually got a positive it was... surreal. I only shared the news with a close friend and sister in law. I knew there was a chance of miscarriage, but I thought I had a good feeling. On Saturday morning I started bleeding with slight cramping. Not only that but I was out of town visiting a family member in the hospital, so I was confused, distraught, and stuck with public restrooms :(!

This is all a first for me and not only is it sad and stressful, but honestly, extremely uncomfortable. The on call PA at my doctor's office didn't seem to be too concerned, told me that if I am miscarrying there "isn't anything we can do to save the baby" and to wait to call my doctor Monday and let her decide what I should do. I don't have any cramping, though I haven't stopped bleeding since yesterday, and I want to crawl into a hole. I haven't worn a pad since middle school and I feel very out of my element with what I am experiencing. I know I'm not the only one, and since I am not sharing the news with coworkers I already feel uncomfortable with having to endure everything tomorrow/next week/however long this persists.

How did you get through this phase of MC? I love my husband but he does NOT understand. He thinks because it was so early on that the effects are minor and I don't know how to express my concern without seeming like I am overreacting. I am appreciative of being able to share my story with those that can relate, and also read the experience of others. I have been floating around TTC and TTCAL and look forward to meeting you ladies here. Thanks for reading!
Married 03-10-13
TTC #1 . BFP 12/17/13, NMC 12/21/13 5w 3d.
Furbabes Poochie (Jack Russell) & Bella (Pug)

Re: First pregnancy, first loss

• Options
    Thoughts, prayers, and hugs to you! I don't think I ever got over my first loss last summer also at 5-6 weeks. I am now pg again at 17 weeks and still paranoid and worried. We carry the memories with us. I hope that you will find some comfort knowing you didn't do anything wrong and can try again soon:) wishing you "a sticky baby" in the future.
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• Options
    @JmeJoLee83 thank you and congratulations on your pregnancy :) We are going to keep trying but now we are definitely more conscious about everything.
    Married 03-10-13
    TTC #1 . BFP 12/17/13, NMC 12/21/13 5w 3d.
    Furbabes Poochie (Jack Russell) & Bella (Pug)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im sorry. I want to think losing someone makes us appreciate everything else that we have now. Like how I love my husband even more.

We dont have to stop missing what we have lost and life can still go on.
  • Options
    sjanine said:

I haven't worn a pad since middle school and I feel very out of my element with what I am experiencing.

That says it all for me --- so out of our element; and the difficulty of feeling it alone.  I am so sorry for your story.  As much as we have discussion boards, and a few close family and friends, I still feel somewhat alone and am not sure it passes except with time...

Your story has been helpful for me to read as I was also out of town during my personal hell.  Every day was hard to live 'normally' until I had my D&C.  That provided some relief, but 1.5 weeks later, I still have spouts of deep sadness and anger.  My mom is a labor and delivery nurse and she says that medicine has no place during early miscarriages as our bodies are the ones in control and handling things according to nature.  Her comment helped me as I saw nurses and doctors that seemed to shrug things off as if to say, "We see a lot of miscarriages.  They are common.  You'll probably get pregnant again..."   Maybe they are common, but that doesn't mean they aren't devastating.

Time is helping me, and keeping busy by going to work.   It helps the days pass, but I am sure to let myself be sad when I get caught up and think, "Come on, that experience was horrible and I just need to be sad for the rest of the day..."   And then hopefully you go to sleep and the next day is better.  :)

My thoughts are with you!  Feel free to message me if you like...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"