Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Coping mechanisms

Hi everyone. I thought it would be helpful to start a conversation about things that are helping us get by, and maybe even feel a bit better. I originally thought that alcohol would help, but turns out it just makes me sad that I can drink.

I'll start:

1. Exercise. I've never been particularly good at this one, but lack of motivation has been an issue and working out gives me the energy to move.

2. Being honest about how I feel. I'm not willing to open up to everyone, but rather than saying 'great' when people ask how I am, I have been saying "I've been better" or "I'm having a sad day." I haven't had anyone ask anymore questions or pry. This also help my husband know how I am really doing.

3. Cleaning my house. When I am bored or have nothing to do I end up crying. Keeping busy helps, AND my house looks fantastic.

BFP #1 11/02/13, EDD 07/04/14, BO diagnosed 12/12/13 at 9w5d
BFP #2 6/12/14, DD born 2/21/15

Re: Coping mechanisms

• Options

We received nursery furniture for Christmas (after announcing our miscarriage, but that's besides the point). I initially told my husband we'll leave it in the box because it will be easier to sell or move (years from now). But he looked devastated and said that he thought if things didn't work out eventually we would adopt (which is a conversation we had well before our BFP). Realizing my negativity I put the furniture together and surprisingly it feels better than I thought. It gives me hope.

I also started eating a lot of junk (not a GOOD coping mechanism) and have coincidentally joined weight watchers to "try" to get my eating under control before my next pregnancy (God willing).

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 Oct/19/13, EDD June/27/14, MC began Dec/4/13 at 10w5d, sac measured 6w1d - blighted ovum, Misoprostol Dec/13/13 - nothing, bleeding, slow declining HCG, D&C Feb/6/14, HCG <1 Feb/18/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    1. Going to church

2. Crying when I need to and not holding back

Sorry you are in this situation and praying you get through this time the best way you know how!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"