October 2012 Moms

Anyone taken / taking their child to WDW?

We are thinking of taking J next September. My parents are retired military so we would stay at Shades of Green (separate room of course), and probably do military special 4 day park hopper tickets ($169 / person). J turns two that month. Also then we would spend another 3 days at the beach (probably St Augustine but uncertain).

Just curious if it would be a horrible idea. We are not Disney-holics in any way, but my parents used to take us almost yearly as kids when we were visiting my grandparents, and seem interested in sharing the experience with my child.
DD 9/15/12

Re: Anyone taken / taking their child to WDW?

• wesleycrusherwesleycrusher member
    edited December 2013
    @chricast just went. I went last March and go again in January. I have family in Orlando so we have gone to Disney every year (even before kids) since we're there anyways.
  • We just got back last week! It was awesome for Emma, she loved every minute of it. She rode all the rides and we had a blast. We had 5 day hopper passes and were actually at the parks for 7 days including the very merry christmas party and mickey's backyard bbq that we did on our "non" park days. It is not a horrible idea at all, do it and you will have a blast! 
    PS I definitely recommend the backyard bbq it is a character dining event where you get to dance with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and chip and dale all night Emma and every kid there loved it. You have to book and pay for it in advance and they only do Tuesday and Saturday nights, the guy said Tuesdays are less busy, they were only half full.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Loading the player...
  • I suppose part of my question is I am completely ignorant about 2 year old behavior, lol. Like will she want to go on rides? Right now I think she would just want to run around and point at stuff. But I am *guessing* in 9 more months she will be a bit different ;)
    DD 9/15/12
  • Also I can't imagine going to WDW in high season! My parents had been pushing for the first week of April but the crowd calendars make September look a lot more attractive.
    DD 9/15/12
  • Also, my husband is civillian DOD and we went to Shades of Green to pick up tickets, it is a beautiful resort with great access to the parks so Im sure you will love it there. His friends stayed there last month and really liked it.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• not yet. my mom lives down there well central florida so although we visited we were waiting until he was close to 2 years old.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @uconnhuskie007 I remember you! You used to post on parenting a lot, too, right?  it's good to see you back, you should post more.
  • I'm dying to take my kids. I know my nearly four year old would have a blast but waiting for dd to get a little older. We've toyed with next summer but since dd isn't walking yet, I'm not sure she will be ready. Maybe the summer before she turns 3. I'm a teacher so busy season is really my only option. I'd love to go at Christmas time but I'm guessing it's just as crazy if not more so.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• We're going in Feb!  DS will be 3 by then and DD will be 17 months.  Maybe she will even be walking, who knows.  I think they will both have a blast!  We are DVC so we will stay at the Contemporary at Bay Lake Towers!
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"