Working Moms
Options

Sickness ruining the holidays

DH, DD, and my mom all had the stomach bug this weekend. My mom usually hosts the big Christmas Eve party. She is still recovering so she's moving her party to saturday after Christmas. I do not know what to do for Christmas Eve, I guess I should figure out something for dinner. DS hasn't gotten sick yet and I'm worried he'll get it on Christmas Eve (seems to be 2 days between people). So I don't know, I'm just feeling disappointed. I have spent every Christmas Eve with my family and grandparents my entire life. It seems so sad to me to just stay home.

Anyone else dealing with sickness this holiday? Care to commiserate?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sickness ruining the holidays

• Options
    Yea it does make Christmas Eve Mass a lot easier. I guess I'm mostly upset b/c I'm afraid DS will get sick and we'll spend the holiday cleaning up vomit. Say a prayer for me he doesn't catch it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Yes! DD2 got her very first puking stomach bug last night. We're supposed to go to dinner at my brother's house tonight to start five days in a row of parties. We are probably not going tonight and I am now afraid we're all going to get it, one by one, over the next several "festive" days. :(

BUT, maybe we won't get it??? Fingers crossed.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are dealing with the stomach bug in my house right now too. DS got it yesterday morning and I think I have a mild case of it as I have not thrown up but I am really wiped out and if I eat anything more than rice or soup I get a raging stomach ache. I am hoping we will be able to go to our big family gathering tomorrow but we will see. If not we will just chill at home.

That is a shame about your mom's but at least it is just postponed a few days.

• Options
    We're dealing with horrible colds. I have a bad cough and have had it for the last week. On Thursday my little one started coughing, congestion, runny nose and sneezing. We were hoping to get to my parents but unfortunately it's snowed really bad on Saturday and when we woke up this morning it was snowing again. We are hoping to try again tomorrow.
  • Options
    *fingers crossed* that I don't come down with anything. I'm the last one standing in the house. DD just got over a sinus/ear infection. H has had a virus/possible mild case of the flu for almost a week and just started feeling better today.
  • Options
    DH was sick all weekend and DS started coughing and just started a fever.  To top it off, we are getting on a 15 hour international flight on Christmas day.  Good times
  • Options
    Joining the bug club. DD puked in her crib on Christmas morning around 1am. At first we feared bad shrimp or stomach bug but now i think she gagged on nasal fluids. Super lethargic the entire day and this morning was diagnosed with bronchitis. And of course now I feel something coming on. We go out of town tomorrow for five days. Yuck.
  • Options
    2-Step2-Step member
    edited December 2013
    I was supposed to host Christmas dinner at my house with everyone arriving around 2pm. At 8am, right after the kids finished unwrapping Santa presents, I was in the bathroom puking. I had the stomach flu all day and didn't get up out of bed for 24 hours. Everyone still came and they took over the cooking, but I basically got to just listen to my entire family and DHs family have fun and do the gift exchange that I planned, eat the meal I planned while I puked and wanted to crawl in a hole. I'm thankful I got to have a Christmas Eve dinner and see the kids do Santa, but I've been preparing for this for three weeks and now I just feel sad and like Christmas didn't even happen. My mom came down with it the next day :(

ETA: My younger DS had a febrile seizure one week earlier and was diagnosed with pneumonia as well, so I was already in full time sick house mode for the past week before this happened. WHHHHEEEEE!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well I'm preg with ms so I spent most of the week in bed. I hate that i spent so much time planning for this week and spent it under the covers :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"