February 2013 Moms

The baby is asleep in the crib!

wifeofadamwifeofadam member
edited December 2013 in February 2013 Moms
Holy cow, y'all!  My baby is asleep in her crib for the very first time in her life. 

DH and I decided that we would try to train her to sleep in the crib, at least for the beginning of the night, sometime after Christmas and tonight seemed as good of a time as any.  The crib is next to my bed, so the plan is to get her to start the night there so I have my evenings to myself and then when she wakes through the night I will pull her into bed with me for the rest of the night.  I'm hoping that if she gets used to sleeping in the crib she will start napping there throughout the day too.

So I anticipated some crying tonight during this process.  I prayed hard as I was nursing her in the rocking chair and as soon as I put her in the crib she freaked out.  DH came in and said he would give it a try.  He put her in the crib and rubbed her little butt while shushing her and she was out within five minutes.  Fingers are crossed that she will stay there for a while!!

Needless to say, DH is now in charge of bedtime!  Yippee!!!! 

I don't even know what to do with myself without a baby in my lap in the evening.  I feel so freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Re: The baby is asleep in the crib!

• Great news! Enjoy!
  • Great news.
    I am visiting my parents and MJ just feel asleep on my moms lap. I am in shock. She won't even sleep on her daddy's lap only mine. I am so thrilled lol. I am free tonight too!!!!
    Jenny DiLo
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm happy for you!! I love my 2-3 hours of alone time in the evenings. :)
  • Yay!!

A friend with an 18 month old was visiting yesterday and told us that their girl often doesn't go to bed until 10:30 or 11pm and wakes up at 6am. I can't even imagine not having those 2-3 evening hours to myself.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Update? How long did she last?
  • Update? How long did she last?
    She lasted a little over an hour and a half and then DH went back and rocked her for a while, but she needed to be nursed again to sleep.   By that time I was ready for bed, so I just pulled her in with me.  I think she woke twice through the night last night.

But overall, I feel like it was a success.  We're going to try the same thing tonight.  If she can eventually start extending that span of time in the crib during the evening I would be ecstatic.  I'm not ready to give up my cuddles through the night, but I do want my evenings back.  This could work out well. 

I hope last night wasn't a fluke and she will do it again tonight!!!

• That is a great success!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"